What music are you listening to?

E

ex-orbinaut

...Since we're on the subject of wierd...I think I need to see a shrink after this. And no, I don't listen to this normally:

EESTI LAUL 2013: Winny Puhh - "Meiecundimees üks Korsakov läks eile Lätti" - YouTube

:rofl:I thought Adam Ant's "Plastic Surgery" performance in the movie "Jubilee" was bad enough, but this one now goes on my alarm tone. Guaranteed to get me up and out on the road in three and a half minutes. From a dead sleep. At two in the morning.

Isn't what the drummers are doing an old form of torture / punishment?

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Killer heavy riffs.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Speaking of psychedelia and space rock...

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
C64 emulator song

This song has been in my head the whole day... I remember listening to it several years ago but i recently refound it when looking for a c64 text to speech emulator for my new song project.

The song gives me chills when i think about it... And ive been using it as inspiration because its an example outcome of the "Nerd making computer music" lifestyle ive been trying to live.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
The song gives me chills when i think about it... And ive been using it as inspiration because its an example outcome of the "Nerd making computer music" lifestyle ive been trying to live.

That reminds me of an old 80s movie called "Electric Dreams" about a home computer named Edgar that goes sentient after its owner spills champagne on the motherboard. The computer proceeds to fall in love with the girl living upstairs who plays the cello, so he creates a bunch of 80s computer music to try to woo her. Great 80s movie if you can find it, especially given your "computer nerd musician" thing.

I've sort of become an "analog nerd making music" as I've been playing around a lot with analog synths and vacuum tube amplifiers, as well as bass and guitar. My background involves, among other things, troubleshooting analog electronics and as I go along I have less interest in things like coding and computer emulators, since analog synths are once again popular and affordable. There's something about analog gear that makes it feel more "natural", maybe because it's less precise than computer/digital? Plus rearranging stuff with patch cables is so satisfying.

You go for an upbeat happy dance vibe with your dubstep stuff; I go for a more space ambient thing. This is what I recently did using an analog synth and a guitar:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Sonny Landreth. I've only recently heard him by accident. This dude is a genius with slide guitar.
His duet with Eric Clapton "Hell at Home" rocks.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score

Kiss me, I'm Irish :D

No seriously, I'm single :p

E

ex-orbinaut

Ah, that's a cool variation! I used to listen to that one slightly more traditionally played, and was introduced to the genre years ago by a friend from Mann. The spokes from his axle were definitely not all the same length to the rim of his wheel, incidentally. Cool guy, he used to play and sing it himself, and the following one, which sort of makes me think of pirate sea shanties, in a way.... :cheers:

I am only half Irish = kissing very optional, therefore, thank you very much... :p

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hearing Interstellar's music quite strongly reminded me of Philip Glass's OST for Koyaanisqatsi, so I've been going through that for the past few hours while playing KSP. It's very odd but strangely hypnotic.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got the new Pink Floyd album "Endless River".

It's okay, some good instrumental stuff on there, but I wouldn't put it up there as great. The big thing I noticed was the lack of Roger Waters' bass playing. He's not known for being a virtuoso bassist, but his style and sound go best with Floyd.

Guy Pratt, who has played bass for Floyd ever since Waters left, and who put down tracks for this album, just sounds too modern and disco-ish to me, despite his great skill he's never been able to fit in quite right with Gilmour and Mason and Wright.

Still, though, it's got some good spacey stuff on it and is a nice send-off to Rick Wright.

In my little fantasy world Mason, Gilmour, and Waters would rejoin and become a psychedelic power trio doing pre-Dark Side style stuff, but it ain't gonna happen at this stage...oh well.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looking forward to that OST. Because Hans Zimmer, and because of the feels it carries.

I pre-ordered it like half an hour after seeing the movie. :p

Dunno if it will be worth it though. The whole movie OST is sort of just the same set of organ arpeggios with nigh-invariant "Epic Zimmer Whatever" accompaniment. I mean, the guy's a great composer, but like Nowlan, after so much of his 'epic' stuff it gets a little dull.