What music are you listening to?

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
But it's cold outside...

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv6shy_9KVM]打首獄門同好会 (Uchikubi Gokumon Doukoukai) - I don' t wanna get out of futon[/ame]

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfpRm-p7qlY"]The Jam - Town Called Malice (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Graham2001

Reaction score
A parody that went a little too far...

[ame=https://youtu.be/c9mT-ibaAQo]Spike Jones And His City Slickers - Ghost Riders in the Sky (Uncensored Version) (1949)[/ame]

...the last verses had to be trimmed in most releases because Vaughn Monroe, the singer of the original version of the song was also a major shareholder in RCA (The company that put out the album.) and he didn't like them one bit...

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Bad language and xenophobia, but still funny...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRSUx-LXOKw"]Why The British Are Undefeated World War Champions - YouTube[/ame]

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
For Graham2001 above.

I know of Spike Jones and his City Slickers. Pre and during WWII? Of his time and had a one hit wonder(in the UK!), very fast jazz, lots of effects?

I thought RCA was Radio Corporation of America, I see it is Company. Also thought the Victor label was added after WWII?

Sort of band the Marx Brothers would put together, but not for very long!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It took 19 years to finally get a live version of this song to Youtube.

Was worth waiting.

And one rule of Wacken: "You don't simply stop singing Valhalla."

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

Some time later.

Last edited:

Graham2001

Reaction score
The caterpillar...

...that became a butterfly...

Before anyone asks, Jeff Wayne wrote the tune, there is an intermediate step, but it's not on YouTube.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
One coworker asked me about the hardest stuff in heavy metal. I showed him this.

Funnily, despite the very loud opposition of the few lonely defenders of true serious metal they really quickly also managed to become one of the most popular bands in metal.

Actually no surprise since they fulfill all qualifications of a female fronted metal band. Including having a top-league vocalist. And they clearly have a metal attitude in what they do. And its normal in metal if you can't understand the lyrics. And they also appeared on the crucial metal festivals.

It is just really alien, because the band comes from unchartered waters for the typical western person. Maybe the context makes more sense for somebody from Japan. The typical reaction here, when first hearing them, is usually complete disorientation.

One question though might be, how well the phenomena ages: As I understand japanese pop culture, the members of a band are much easier to replace than metal culture likes (just remember Nightwish or Iron Maiden!), living even a bit like Lemmy is unheardof and the age limits are stricter than in modelling. But there are many exceptions to the rule, would be sad to see the voice of their lead vocalist retire already at an age when others barely started in metal.