Question What games are you playing?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Had tried Star Trek: Bridge Crew a while ago, but it was a bit frustrating, IMHO.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Had tried Star Trek: Bridge Crew a while ago, but it was a bit frustrating, IMHO.
I bought it and gave it a try, but it just wasn't what I thought it would be. Not nearly capturing the same spirit as Bridge Commander which is what I thought it would do. So much was just dumbed down, and the way they simplified some stuff felt insulting after having played Bridge Commander first.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
400px-EoD_Texture_Trans.png

Still just leveling my first character, but it's a lot of fun so far. :)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
OG Bridge commander + mods is unbeatable. I still have it on CD.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Picked this one up a little while ago, pretty fun, think a few of you might enjoy it!

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I bought it and gave it a try, but it just wasn't what I thought it would be. Not nearly capturing the same spirit as Bridge Commander which is what I thought it would do. So much was just dumbed down, and the way they simplified some stuff felt insulting after having played Bridge Commander first.
Its one of the first games I played after I got my VR set. While I agree about it not measuring up to BC (I need to pick that one back up again), as a VR and 'social' game it has its charm. Just too bad I can't really find anyone else to play with these days.

Unrelated to the above, I've noticed HITMAN 3 got the RTX treatment in a recent update so I've been playing that again:
1657323402028.png

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I had it in my recommendations, but no opinion about it. This cat sure must be different to my cat.

clipper

Reaction score
I followed it since its PS5 showcase couple of years ago and had it pre-ordered as soon as it dropped on Steam, decided to try it out a little bit yesterday evening - let's just say I had to cancel everything I planned for the rest of the day ^^

On top of having a dedicated meowing button, the game is legitimately good; the environment design is some of the best I've seen in a very long time, gameplay is quite fun and controls are very smooth and responsive (even on M/KB setup), and the plot itself is actually decent. It definitely earned the positive reviews, so don't be fooled by the memes if you're on the fence about getting it (as a side note, I haven't experienced a single bug on PC so far, so no need to consider waiting for patches).

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This cat sure must be different to my cat.
Yeah, for a "cat simulator" there seems to be a lack of random, wanton violence... :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, I'm playing this: https://www.ironswornrpg.com/product-ironsworn-starforged
It's not a computer game, I'll admit. It's a single-player tabletop rpg. Or, alternatively, a mind-control device that makes you inadvertantly write a manuscript of a science fiction novel...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, for a "cat simulator" there seems to be a lack of random, wanton violence... :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, I'm playing this: https://www.ironswornrpg.com/product-ironsworn-starforged
It's not a computer game, I'll admit. It's a single-player tabletop rpg. Or, alternatively, a mind-control device that makes you inadvertantly write a manuscript of a science fiction novel...

OK, that looks interesting... maybe get it after Battletech: Destiny. My Chapter recently discussed it and explained some of the rules to me, I hope I can play some rounds of it during the next PhoenixCon.

EDIT: OK, its also fairly cheap compared to the usual Battletech stuff I frequent. How is the quality of the PDFs, good to read on a tablet PC?

Last edited:

steph

Reaction score
Looks like No Man's Sky is looking more and more Trek-like. Haven't even gotten to play the Sky Whale thing (living , organic ships), and now they rase the possibility of having actually having a flyable 'main' starship, not just the freighters. Progress these last few years has been amazing, but I guess they're also feeling Starfield and Odyssey coming fast from behind

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
and now they rase the possibility of having actually having a flyable 'main' starship, not just the freighters.
Maybe a slight confusion about terminology here. 'Starships' in NMS are the little ones, the ones you can actually fly that were there since the beginning. The endurance update has added a lot of options to freighters, mostly in terms of building them out, but it does not make them flyable (you can warp from system to system with them, but you could do that before, the experience has just been improved slightly, like making starship modifications that change the information in the galactic map available for freighters too).

predattak

Reaction score
ce7QF7n.png

steph

Reaction score
Maybe a slight confusion about terminology here. 'Starships' in NMS are the little ones, the ones you can actually fly that were there since the beginning. The endurance update has added a lot of options to freighters, mostly in terms of building them out, but it does not make them flyable (you can warp from system to system with them, but you could do that before, the experience has just been improved slightly, like making starship modifications that change the information in the galactic map available for freighters too).

My bad, saw some news titles about 'a long voyage' and something that resembled Entreprise, but apparently it'll just be a beefed up freighter.

Well, played at again, first time since last year. Had 44 hours in it, now I have 47. Was considering starting from scratch, but all that 'scavenge parts for ship' thing takes too much. Apparently I absolutely neglected my settlement, which is regularly attacked by sentinels, but at least I mined a lot and have two bases where I can mine storm crystals. (With goliath or my ship). What put me off the game were the too colourful planets, but I'll just stat away from those. Even found an earthlike planet, so it's not all bad

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Or, alternatively, a mind-control device that makes you inadvertantly write a manuscript of a science fiction novel...

After just writing the prologue (519 words) for a solo campaign to test it - you are perfectly right. There should be a warning.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Ok, i've just bought No Man's Sky finally. 50% on Steam. My PC is a bit weak for that beast, but it works. Realy amazing.