VUSSO

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Do any of you guys remember who made VUSSO? I have been wondering it for a long time, ever since it closed down.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure but I thnk it was one of Kayamone Sutton's many previous failed attempts at creating a VSA.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Isn't UASO the successor of VUSSO, which in term was the successor of VUSSP?

VUSSO started Monday, August 06... Last news on VUSSP was May 2006.

http://www.vussp.com/index1.php
Or am I mixing something up in the long confuse history of VSAs? :rofl:

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Why is it orbiter forum like this one for example or any other ones dislike us VSA members so much. We are all in the same communitys we all love orbiter most of the time except when the times in crashs. We are just trying to bring our VSA up and theres no place like it but were alot of people use orbiter.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I do not know niether. There has been a lot of critism about VSAs and I do not know what started them to tell you the truth. The only thing they can really say is,"you got your own forum, post there!", but we are all a community and we should try to get along with each and every individual member. I find it that it is pretty cool to have a VSA. When people talk about how they always fail and other things like that. Why not join yourself. After all, it could be a reall fun experience for someone to join a VSA. I know it was for me. So try it out and see what else the future holds for you. You may never know. Just an update: Pioneer-1 launch for Vuaso will be April 16. We should have a live broadcast of the mission, but I will check up on that.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's a history thing that Mr. Sutton has a part in. The different VSAs has never been able to get along and threads about them has always gotten out of hand pretty quickly.

None of you newer guys was around when this was at it's worst, so you don't know the entire story or bits and pieces that your leaders might have shared with you.

My participation in the Orbiter community dates back to early February 2002 when the only VSA around was SimNASA.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Also: I have one very good reason to be against all VSAs.

No Scotch. None of you ever tried to buy my goodwill with a fine bottle of scotch. isn't that sad? All I got from you is the request to join.

I think no VSA member can even claim to own a "I was member in a Orbiter VSA and all I got was this T-Shirt"-T-Shirt.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
It's a history thing that Mr. Sutton has a part in. The different VSAs has never been able to get along and threads about them has always gotten out of hand pretty quickly.

None of you newer guys was around when this was at it's worst, so you don't know the entire story or bits and pieces that your leaders might have shared with you.

My participation in the Orbiter community dates back to early February 2002 when the only VSA around was SimNASA.
The only thing I can do is talk to him about that problem. He is not a bad man to say. He doesn't really visit these forums now because of that particular problem, so you guys do not have to really worry about it. I also don't like that fact that people hate Kayamone. In terms of just that; people hate anyone out of mainly VUASO. I don't find that is a fair deal. I can admit that I saw some posts on the m6 forum and he did get a little out of hand at times.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Also: I have one very good reason to be against all VSAs.

No Scotch. None of you ever tried to buy my goodwill with a fine bottle of scotch. isn't that sad? All I got from you is the request to join.

I think no VSA member can even claim to own a "I was member in a Orbiter VSA and all I got was this T-Shirt"-T-Shirt.
At one point VUSSO actually sold shirts, cups, and I think figurines. :p

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Yeah i guess i always knew there was something between orbiter forums and orbiter VSA. I just started my own VSA which is called VINSC and its pretty hard to get members.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Pretty much all the members are in SimNASA. Good luck though Ryan. It was good having you in Vuaso for a bit.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The reason VSA agencies won't get much success at the moment is because of the lack of a sufficient multi-player system for Orbiter. Sure, you can use VMC, but it's not quite the same thing. Just wait till OMP is released. Face re-wrote the entire server in .NET, and the time I have spent playing on it, never has it crashed once. There is nothing wrong with advertisement, if it is limited. Put it inside your signatures, don't create a thread about it. Pming users about it is a good way to get a small ban.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Ha ha i think once we really have some proper missions we should get the wheels rolling a bit faster and it will just go from there but it is a bit tough though but i dont mind.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I think it'll be great when OMP is released.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Yeah i think the same OMP will be great not just in a VSA point of view but now people can chase eachother around the world in a delta glider.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I would like race someone in the DGIV. A quick question regarding to the OMP. If you wanted to fly an Apollo mission, how would you do it with only one vessel?