Internet Video Thread

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You just gotta love the flying through those cloudscapes. Watch in HD!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBcsTFelM-U"]YouTube- Cloud Surfing in Boeing 747-200[/ame]

:thumbup:

Napes Weaver

Spaced Agency
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQz-VU5iVc"]YouTube- Tooling Around Some Stardestroyers . . .[/ame]

"Star Wars" type space-combat maneuvering is possible using real physics with Orbiter.

BEGIN_DESC
Using Attitude MFD & then AttachmentMen MFD to Anchor the MillenniumF4 to a Stardestroyer.
END_DESC

*I put attachment points in the .cfg files for the vessels in question (Stardestroyer = Parent, MillenniumF4 = Child). Takes me a while to make the attachment, but I think not too bad considering that AttachmentMen MFD displays only distance to target.

For this kind of flying I like to run my rotational and translational thrusters simultaneously (joystick hat = side to side & up / down). As long my relative velocity is under control I can use hover thrust for "lift" (I am blessed to be in possession of a Saitek X52 throttle which has a wheel control I have dedicated to the hover engines). It's is actually easier than flying atmospheric (just think how much easier it would be if your Cessna had hover engines).

Hint: Attitude MFD's vertical trim autopilot makes flying the Death Star trench a breeze, if you have a vessel with very powerful translational thrust. Otherwise just fly inverted.

Last edited:

AirSimming

Reaction score
You just gotta love the flying through those cloudscapes. Watch in HD!

I like the old analogue 747 flight deck. I'm always wondering these days whenever journalists talk about "lots of" switches when they show modern glass cockpits. They're almost creating a myth.

Nice forming cumulonimbus at 01:10 and 01:20 by the way (I guess it was the same one).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Welcome to Urwumpes Engineering Connections...since it is World Cup time again... see how Shakira can change a pretty good song into a Brave New Song.

The quality is bad, the video old... but the music is really fun, considering that is in it original version a popular African military song, and a standard for parades and sport events in Cameroon. And a 1980s underground hit in Columbia... which brings us the connection to Shakira.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I consider this to be the most inspiring "Star Trek" intros ever:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMB-GBmNgE&feature=related"]YouTube- Star Trek Enterprise Opening Titles[/ame]

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree. While the show wasn't always great, that shot of Chuck Yeager walking away from the X-1 with that badass swagger is classic. Lots of other good stuff in that intro, too.

ETA: The only time Chuck Norris is afraid is when he's flying, because somewhere out there in the sky is Chuck Yeager, hunting.

AirSimming

Reaction score
Old, but still funny as hell whenever I watch it. I like it when men turn into little school kids :lol:

Something different I came across: I never passed out but it must be pretty nasty, especially if it happens on TV...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Xyon, that was an awesome vid. I honestly got choked up there for a bit. Very well done indeed. :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

A friend just sent me this one. There must be a smaller version in the DGIV...

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Good lord!! Was he speaking english?!?!?!

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
ahahahahhaahha just wanted to post that :rofl:

AirSimming

Reaction score
The following is a case of miscalculation. The pilot significantly overshoot the touchdown zone and still tried to land nearly on the touchdown zone of the other end of the runway. I would expect to happen something like this by flight simulator fan boys like me, but not by a real pilot. The short runway and the approach over the hill at the St. Barth airport is no excuse in this case...

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Who ever said there's no such thing as an honest polititian :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: