Project VesselBuilder for Orbiter

hagiasophia420

Reaction score
Indeed the direct link is not working, and GitHub only downloads uncompiled code. (n)

Sharing a version I have found on my machine: VesselBuilder1_PreRelease (from 2020). I think it's the latest one.
Thanks for the file. Is there an autopilot for the rocket included? It just shoots up.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you add a payload vessel to a VB vessel? I have an IUS 1st stage, 2nd stage, DSP1. the animations for the DSP1 are part of the VB cfg.
But the TDRS animations I could not get to work in VB. But if I used the 1st and 2nd stages and then added the TDRS. That might work. Not sure if possible

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi :salute:

I noticed one thing:
if a payload is attached to the vessel in configuration_0 and you switch to configuration_1 (with an EVENT) the payload is no longer attached to the attachment point, even though it was declared (same number) in configuration_1.

Have you noticed the same thing ? :unsure:

thank you for your reply :hailprobe:

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is very likely. Configuration changes and events were highly experimental when the module was released so there probably isn't any routine checking for attachments and dockings during reconfigurations. If someone wants to add it in the code it shouldn't be too hard to do it in any case

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Good morning

I have a little problem, so I ask you if you have the explanation.... :unsure:

Here is my idea:
  • if we look at the DNS value read on the surface_MFD (stationary vessel on the ground), we can read 'or see) :
  • for the Earth DNS = 1.225
  • for the Moon DNS = 0.000

issue.jpg

My idea was to use the "reconfiguration" EVENT with the DNS value as TRIGGER

With :
If DNS below 1 ==> configuration_1 (we start from Configuration_0)
( and so if DNS above 1 =>no configuration change.)
Logical, right ? 🥸

But here is what I get:
- if I set the TRIGGER-VALUE DNS below 0.1 even on Earth I go from config_0 to Config_1

if I set "DNS below 0" nothing happens (logic)
I tried with 0.1, 0.01 and even 0.0000000000001
It's always the same thing on Earth (where DNS=1.225 ??? ) my vessel switch to config_1 when it shouldn't...

My idea was to make an astronaut "die" on the moon if he took off his spacesuit... 🤫

So it doesn't work and I don't understand why....
An idea ?

thank you for your replies :salute:

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Good morning

I have a little problem, so I ask you if you have the explanation.... :unsure:

Here is my idea:
  • if we look at the DNS value read on the surface_MFD (stationary vessel on the ground), we can read 'or see) :
  • for the Earth DNS = 1.225
  • for the Moon DNS = 0.000

View attachment 32609

My idea was to use the "reconfiguration" EVENT with the DNS value as TRIGGER

With :
If DNS below 1 ==> configuration_1 (we start from Configuration_0)
( and so if DNS above 1 =>no configuration change.)
Logical, right ? 🥸

But here is what I get:
- if I set the TRIGGER-VALUE DNS below 0.1 even on Earth I go from config_0 to Config_1

if I set "DNS below 0" nothing happens (logic)
I tried with 0.1, 0.01 and even 0.0000000000001
It's always the same thing on Earth (where DNS=1.225 ??? ) my vessel switch to config_1 when it shouldn't...

My idea was to make an astronaut "die" on the moon if he took off his spacesuit... 🤫

So it doesn't work and I don't understand why....
An idea ?

thank you for your replies :salute:
I am not sure i undestood it correctly, but the issue may be that you set as the reconfiguration event trigger the dynamic pressure level. I honestly cannot remember what is the the DNS in the surface mfd, but the Dynamic Pressure is the DNP value.
The check over the dynamic pressure was thought for things like reentry destruction or stuff like that. I can t remember now but i am not sure that an atmospheric pressure check is implemented in the events section.