OHM Vessel Load MFD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: asbjos

This addon shows you the acceleration on your vessel in both an MFD and with on-screen text in your Orbiter 2016 simulation.

Thank you to "Phoenix", who made the original Load MFD, which this addon is heavily based upon.

This module is still pretty much a work in progress, so if you notice bugs or have feature requests, please don't hestitate to notify me.

DOWNLOAD

fatcat

Reaction score
Hi asbjos,

I'm a fan of your addons.
fyi Running Orbiter on a Mac with Wine, I do not see the Vessel Load MDF displayed. It can be chosen in the Launchpad Modules OK, but does not appear in the MDF menus when running Orbiter.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Im a fan of your addons.
Thank you!

As for your problem: the name of the MFD is listed as "Load".
If you don't see it, could you share your Orbiter.log?
It is possible that the MFD itself crashes, for some reason.

I don't have the ability to test under Wine, so could you optionally check if the old version works?
(I don't recommend using the old add-on normally, I just wonder if a MFD with the similar architecture runs. In-game, you can discern between old an new by seeing if there is a plot of the components when pressing COM)

fatcat

Reaction score
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
I will do some troubleshooting.
I can confirm that the module fails to load for me. (Orbiter log). I have tried my installation on a windows machine and get the same result.
The old version load and runs fine.
I'll do a clean install of Orbiter and D3D9 and let you know what I find.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
I just tried the new version and it won't load in Orbiter2016 - I get a "Missing VCRUNTIME140D.dll" error message when activating the MFD on the Orbiter launchpad Modules tab.
Many thanks,
Brian
P.S. Running Windows 8.1 on ASUS PC.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
I just tried the new version and it won't load in Orbiter2016 - I get a "Missing VCRUNTIME140D.dll" error message when activating the MFD on the Orbiter launchpad Modules tab.
Many thanks,
Brian
P.S. Running Windows 8.1 on ASUS PC.

Thanks, I'll probably have to build the add-on with an older version of Visual Studio (I used 2019, so I assume a new Redistributable / Windows is currently required). Will do in a few hours/days.

fatcat

Reaction score
That one loads (excuse the pun) fine Asbjørn.

Thanks heaps.

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
@fatcat and @BrianJ, could you try this dll? Unzip into Modules\Plugin\ folder.
If it works, I'll upload it to Orbithangar.
@asbjos Could you verify that you have replaced the dll on OH with the newer one tested by Brian and fatcat?

For your info, I downloaded the original add-on on OH and the MFD still won't appear. I still need to download the replacement dll available here on OF.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@asbjos Could you verify that you have replaced the dll on OH with the newer one tested by Brian and fatcat?

For your info, I downloaded the original add-on on OH and the MFD still won't appear. I still need to download the replacement dll available here on OF.
No, I think I forgot to do this. Thanks for the heads up.
Will do it in a couple of days (unless I forget it again).

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
No, I think I forgot to do this. Thanks for the heads up.
Will do it in a couple of days (unless I forget it again).

Thanks.

Another observation. The MFD seems to be vessel-independent. Say if I switch my camera view from a rocket stage that is still burning/accelerating to a spent/jettisoned stage and back to the accelerating stage, the MFD would show a "dip" in the graph suggesting that there is a period when the "accelerating stage" isn't accelerating, which isn't true.

Is it possible to make the MFD data vessel-dependent, i.e. a separate MFD data for each vessel?

Or have I missed out anything in the doc? (I read it and don't seem to find anything pertinent to this issue.)

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have finally uploaded the updated version to OHM, not requiring the latest redistributables anymore (please verify that it works as intended).
I have also done the same treatment to my other MFD addons ( https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/travelmap-mfd.39488/ and https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/extended-map-mfd.38047/ ).

Another observation. The MFD seems to be vessel-independent. Say if I switch my camera view from a rocket stage that is still burning/accelerating to a spent/jettisoned stage and back to the accelerating stage, the MFD would show a "dip" in the graph suggesting that there is a period when the "accelerating stage" isn't accelerating, which isn't true.

Is it possible to make the MFD data vessel-dependent, i.e. a separate MFD data for each vessel?

Or have I missed out anything in the doc? (I read it and don't seem to find anything pertinent to this issue.)

Sorry for the late reply.
You haven't missed anything; it is vessel-independent. The challenge with monitoring the load for a specific vessel, is that the MFD doesn't know which vessels are relevant for load logging.
As an example, it can't tell the difference between the AMSO LM and the rock vessels AMSO spawns when landing. One could then say that the MFD should log every in-sim vessel, but then take a complex simulation like ISS AtoZ, which has hundreds of components. That would not be a good strategy.
This is the reason for it being a bit dumb, and only recording the load on the current focus vessel.

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
I have finally uploaded the updated version to OHM, not requiring the latest redistributables anymore (please verify that it works as intended).
I have also done the same treatment to my other MFD addons ( https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/travelmap-mfd.39488/ and https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/extended-map-mfd.38047/ ).

Sorry for the late reply.
You haven't missed anything; it is vessel-independent. The challenge with monitoring the load for a specific vessel, is that the MFD doesn't know which vessels are relevant for load logging.
As an example, it can't tell the difference between the AMSO LM and the rock vessels AMSO spawns when landing. One could then say that the MFD should log every in-sim vessel, but then take a complex simulation like ISS AtoZ, which has hundreds of components. That would not be a good strategy.
This is the reason for it being a bit dumb, and only recording the load on the current focus vessel.

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

Your MFDs are very nice.