C++ Question VC++ Debugger Won't Stop at Breakpoints

Zane

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a problem here, and I'm thinking maybe someone here can help. So I got a nice clean Orbiter installation all ready so I can debug a project I'm working on with, but when I hit F5 to debug, VS tells me that "the breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document."

My project is in debug mode, debug info generation is on and set to "Program Database for Edit & Continue (/ZI)," and a .pdb file ended up in my modules directory. What could be wrong here?

Last edited:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
1. Is this a plugin module or a vessel module?
1a. If it is a plugin module, is that module active in the modules tab of the Launchpad?
1b. If it is a vessel module, have you loaded a scenario containing that vessel?

2. After getting a yes to 1a or 1b, in VS go to Debug|Windows|Modules. Is your module listed there as being loaded? If yes, check the symbol status. If that says "No symbols loaded", right click on your module and click "Load Symbols" and browse to the pdb file.

HTH.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you are working in debug mode. I don't know if the debug information is generated in the release mode (as far as I remember, it isn't).

Zane

Reaction score
Figured it out. The debugger was launching the Orbiter.exe from my clean debugging install, but was trying to grab the dll from my other "dirty" install, so it ended up opening the right orbiter.exe, but the wrong SiriusM.dll and SiriusM.pdb. Since that dll was an old one, a lot of my methods present that I was trying to put breakpoints on just weren't there, so it'd never stop at the breakpoints. So I changed one of the paths and it works fine. Thanks for the advice.