OHM Upsilon Andromedae system

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry for the really late update. I got hammerd with alot of homework when school started.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Isn't this the first binary system for Orbiter?
I haven't seen any others, but then again I'm not exactly hunting for binary systems.

Darren

Edit: Nevermind I see you have made a few.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Isn't this the first binary system for Orbiter?
I haven't seen any others, but then again I'm not exactly hunting for binary systems.

Darren
Donatello has a binary neutron star system, actually:
[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4298"]Binary Neutron stars[/ame]

I'm sure there are more binaries. Speaking of that, I still haven't sent an expedition to Ups And II. I really should try it. :hail::probe:

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This should be extremely fun to fly around in now that I know how to use IMFD.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm sure there are more binaries. Speaking of that, I still haven't sent an expedition to Ups And II. I really should try it. :hail::probe:
That reminds me. I should probley add some small planets aroung Ups And II. The surfaces will probly be unstable at 750 AU though.

ond1

Reaction score
I would ask if I could publish a new base in the Upsilon Andromedae system:salute:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
(...) Also you don't nessisarily need the DGIV or UMmu. They are just very reccomended because without it the system just becomes one of those systems that has no special features.

That's from DGIV and UMmu heavy user's point of view. A physicist will be glad just to do a couple of sligshots, dockings, reentries and other "standard" stuff using the plain old DG. But if you think that physicists among Orbinauts are a minority, then I can add some bases and more docking stations myself and this will happen just about when I find time to actually play more in your system anyway, so thanks for what you've done already :thumbup:

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The next update for this system will take a little longer now as i discoverd that Upsilon Andromedae has a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upsilon_Andromedae_e"]new planet[/ame]. The update will include this planet with several moons (havent decided how many moons) and Orbiter Galaxy compatability.(might be released before planet is added.)

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just tried it. Very impressive. Two remarks: firstly, MHT format is not universally accessible, please choose something else (.HTML, .PDF, .DOC, .TXT) for the documentation. Secondly, reasearch base => research base.

P.S. The prettiest view of them all is with the Videnie! Thanks for the system...

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This system is going to look quite different in viendie after the update as i filnaly made sense of the inclination data.

picture.php

Outer planets
picture.php

Inner planets

Now i would imagine navigatin this system now would be quite interesting.

PS. I'm still baffled at how the planets got into this configuration.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are those inclinations serious? How did they end up like that?

Would be very interesting to navigate. :blink:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Those inclinations are serious and how they got there baffles me.:eek:h: I'm just going to assume that the interactions with a fith planet caused it.(fourth planet discoverd)

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
looks like you'll neew quite a bit of delta V to get around there. it does seem quite precarious. should keep our astronomers entertained for a few years as they work out how this one happened

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ouch! That'll seriously mess with what I've been doing. Time to pull out IMFD and redo all the plans... :p

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like a job for HVIPS! :facepalm:

Seriously though, this is where your high-performance spacecraft comes into it's own... of course, a lot of the transit dV here is wasted on changing plane...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like a job for HVIPS! :facepalm:

Seriously though, this is where your high-performance spacecraft comes into it's own... of course, a lot of the transit dV here is wasted on changing plane...
Well, I'm sure some of it could be lessened by launching from an inclined orbit on one of the more inclined moons in the system when the parent body nodes are lined up, but the Ups And d in the screenshot looks inclined 50-60 degrees, so no matter what any spacecraft is going to need godlike Dv, which precludes pretty much every non-fantasy vessel in the hangar. :(

Still, reaching an inclined planet would be no problem for an interstellar vessel, which would have an unfathomable amount of time and distance for approach manoeuvres. It's getting into the ecliptic plane afterward that's the problem... But again, not entirely necessary if the only potentially habitable moon in the system is on the plane you approach by.

A fascinating challenge.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have terrible news. My normal computer just destroyed itself yesterday along with all the files for the upsilon andomedae system. :shrug: If my regular computer dosn't get fixed i will have to completely restart the update and i will not be able o even work for quite a long time untill i get a new one.:suicide:

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I lost everything. The list of what i lost in updates is rediculusly long..... Basicly i lost every thing for the gliese 581 optimised, Neutron star solar system, Upsilon Andromedae, and the xexina system. (all were going to be updated):suicide::suicide::suicide::mad:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any chance of going to the data recovery guys?