Project Updated SLS for Orbiter 2016 (and 2010)

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just like the vector of the thrust. As long as just don't have parent/child of the thrust it shouldn't be too hard.

Not sure what you are trying to do though

I think that a way to do it could also be to play with particle stream and exhaust textures. check the jarvis_m core stage exhausts and particle definitions, i remember a nice effect of the exhaust, as if they were animated

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

What I noticed though, was that the engine parameters at the stages section again didn't save to the .ini? Maybe a you fixed the fairings in an older build? I'll report more detailed at your thread when I have some time tonight.

Made some tests and they seem to work to me.

Zach121k

Reaction score
Any reason why Lowering the tower makes the platform sink into oblivion

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How are you lowering the tower? With the new touchdown points it will cause issues. I will make a new one that has one set of touchdown for on the ground and another set when on the hill

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well the real crawler was built for a specific rocket, while this one should withstand any possible rocket the user might think of :)

Anyway I have to say that I built the crawler most as eyecandy, I didn't expect it to become so popular :lol:
The size isn't the limit. The Crawler interfaces with the Mobile Launcher at 4 points, each 27.432 m apart. As long as the interfaces are in the right locations on the bottom of the ML platform, the Crawler won't have an issue. The real problem is the combined launcher/platform weight. For SLS they had to reinforce and upsize the 16 (4/corner) hydraulic Jacking, Equalization and Leveling (JEL) cylinders on Crawler Transporter-2 leaving it the only Crawler capable of moving SLS on its ML (combined weight 76840000 kg) . CT-1 is only capable of moving the original design load of 72320000 kg.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The SSU crawler looks good. I can make a mesh that is similar. But fred's animation is great. I guess the crawler should be smaller in size so the post should interfere

Zach121k

Reaction score
How are you lowering the tower? With the new touchdown points it will cause issues. I will make a new one that has one set of touchdown for on the ground and another set when on the hill

Changing my ship to the tower, using SLS Tower Control, Clicking Lower, and enjoying

Attachments

• Kek.jpg
    Kek.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 50

Longjap

Reaction score

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So does the center platform raise up or is it 4 contact points?

Yes looks like alot of images

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So does the center platform raise up or is it 4 contact points?

Yes looks like alot of images
Yes, the chassis can be lifted by the 16 hydraulic JEL cylinders. The JEL system is used to ensure that the ML platform is perfectly level at all times, even when traversing the 5% grade of the pad ramp.

Interceptor

Reaction score
It's to bad pylon doesn't work with orbiter beyond 2006,there was a great addon that simulated the shuttle crawler,and the Jel system DaveS talks about it would automatically leave the VAB,and crawl the space Shuttle to the launchpad climb the hill,and detatch the MLP all why keeping the shuttle level.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's to bad pylon doesn't work with orbiter beyond 2006,there was a great addon that simulated the shuttle crawler,and the Jel system DaveS talks about it would automatically leave the VAB,and crawl the space Shuttle to the launchpad climb the hill,and detatch the MLP all why keeping the shuttle level.
Already implemented in SSU, although currently it is broken in Orbiter 2016 (propulsion doesn't work):

STS-114_A5214_SSV_xfer_padB_June15_2005_1516UTC_TV7B.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well in D3D9 no transparent boosters. Not sure why in online graphics transparent ones?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Already implemented in SSU, although currently it is broken in Orbiter 2016 (propulsion doesn't work):

STS-114_A5214_SSV_xfer_padB_June15_2005_1516UTC_TV7B.jpg

Do we have a ticket for that issue already? If not, can you file one, please, so we don't forget to fix this. The crawler is too good to be left broken.

And maybe we should create a "Crawler SDK" manual describing how other projects can use the SSU crawler then.

Longjap

Reaction score
I think that a way to do it could also be to play with particle stream and exhaust textures. check the jarvis_m core stage exhausts and particle definitions, i remember a nice effect of the exhaust, as if they were animated.

I cannot get the Jarvis to work yet. I've tried the particle stream and I think I can produce what I want. The problem is the textures generated in the stream are rotated as they go. It's a 90 degree turn every? time a new one is created:

http://makeagif.com/i/WIxafP

I would like them facing all the same way, maybe a slight translation in the Z axis. I'm not sure where I can change that.