TransX open-sourced

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
A couple of people have asked for the source of TransX over the past month, and I've finally had time to do a repo-dump of the source code.

As such (and with the wishes of Duncan Sharpe, the original author), I've made TransX available as open source on sourceforge under the MIT licence.

There are no major improvements in the MFD from the 3.13 released on orbithangar a while ago (only some minor formatting changes), but it does have all the development history since I got my grubby mits on it.

I've tried to clean up the source a bit, but in all honesty, it's still just a hornet's nest of anarchy and VERY hard to read through.

Anyway, if you want to get it to rebuild, or just to take a look, or even if you want to make some additions (I'm quite happy to add developers to the project) then you can get the source here.

I probably should mention that I still intend to keep updating TransX every now and again. I've been really busy of late, so haven't done anything, but have been made aware that it's having problems with the latest beta, so will try and resolve that when I get some time. If anyone has any interesting feature requests, I'll try and accomodate them (or you can try editing the code and become a developer!). One of the things that I'd like to improve would be the accuracy of the trajectory predictions, but unfortunately, the patched conics algorithms are embedded so deeply into everything that I really don't have the time to rewrite it all to use numerical propagators.

Ajaja

Reaction score
Thanks!!! Compiled successfully with orbiter080918beta_sdk and works much more stable :)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks.