as long as this photo is not doctored its proof that we landed on the moon

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
One piece of evidence among many, if your faith in the omnipotent evil US government was strong enough for the past 40 years, the images of the landing sites won't change it.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

And therein lies the issue which those who fervently believe we did not land on the moon will latch to and never let go. Take them there to see it with their own eyes and they still wouldn't believe you, they'd probably claim you drugged them and took them to a sound stage in Nevada somewhere, even after the helmet came off and they asphyxiated. Some people are just like that.

The new images will change nothing but the weakest of attitudes towards the question of legitimacy. However, for those of us (myself included) who are quite happy to accept that the moon landings were real, we can sit back and revel in some awesome new shots, and ignore the arguments which will undoubtedly start firing back into life as a result of them.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Excellent picture! Better ones would take another landing there! What's the resolution of the image?

Judging the size of the LM, about 30 cm per pixel.

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I saw one of those landing site photos from the LRO that was a lot better looking, and you could actually see the tire tracks from the lunar rover and the tracks from the astronauts.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Lroc_apollo11_landing_site_20091109_zoom.jpg

this photo is a picture of the apollo 11 lem taken from the lunar recon orbiter

There is no Lunar Reconnaisance Orbiter. That's a Google Earth picture of a sound stage in Nevada. Man! People these days are so gullible! :lol:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And therein lies the issue which those who fervently believe we did not land on the moon will latch to and never let go. Take them there to see it with their own eyes and they still wouldn't believe you, they'd probably claim you drugged them and took them to a sound stage in Nevada somewhere, even after the helmet came off and they asphyxiated. Some people are just like that.

The new images will change nothing but the weakest of attitudes towards the question of legitimacy. However, for those of us (myself included) who are quite happy to accept that the moon landings were real, we can sit back and revel in some awesome new shots, and ignore the arguments which will undoubtedly start firing back into life as a result of them.

you'd think getting bashed in the face by Buzz himself would be proof enough... but no... stupidity must prevail:beathead:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
you'd think getting bashed in the face by Buzz himself would be proof enough... but no... stupidity must prevail:beathead:

[hoaxer]Oh, but the fact that he got violent totally proves that he's got *something* to hide...[/hoaxer]

Wonderer

Reaction score
How I deal with hoaxers:
Hoaxer:You know we never landed on the moon it's a hoax!
Me:You ain't got no pancake mix
Hoaxer:Lol what ,is that all you have to say?
Me:You ain't got no pancake mix!

It can last for a while, but there is only one method of dealing with stupidity and it is acting even more stupid and annoying :cheers:

Viper1

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To all skeptics and disbelievers::thumbsdown:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is
possible."
Stuart Chase

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The only proof is to actually go there yourself. With the advent of modern digital imagray and Photoshop, it's easier than ever to flawlessly doctor a photo.

I keep saying this: stop wasting your time trying to convince crackpots. It's like arguing with a pig: pointless and just annoys the pig.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

To all skeptics

What's wrong with skeptics?

Mantis

Reaction score
The one thing that all of those moon landing hoax conspiracy theorists have in common - they will never, under any circumstances allow the facts to get in the way of their opinions. As soon as you prevent hard evidence - such as this photo, they simply make up another unsubstantiated claim such as "the photo was doctored" in order to explain it away. As soon as you provide more evidence to blow away that claim, they come back with a more outrageous claim.

Viper1

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

What's wrong with skeptics?
Maybe I should clarify to mean Lunar Landing Skeptics. You are right, there is nothing wrong with "SOME" skepticism. Skepticism is positive, and it is a good way to root out the bs from the science but people often manage to justify themselves using any means at their disposal. I think that there is enough evidence to prove we landed on the Moon and yet they persist!

Last edited:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am sorry that picture does not look like the LEM, it is just a white spot, clearly doctored, easily done in MS Paint :lol:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
A little bit off topic here, but it is too awesome to go without showing. To those that have yet to see:

No charges were pressed because, hey, it's Buzz Aldrin. And the fact that Sibrel initiated it, but who cares about that?

Wonderer

Reaction score
Charges weren't pressed because that was actually a facepalm, Buzz only used that guys face instead of his own.