The patriot 4 flies.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Make it wet by spraying hot steam on it. Make sure it gets nice and plieable, then wrap it around a PVC pipe. Tape it together using thin tape in many areas and let it dry. When it's dry, it will retain roughly the shape of a cylinder, then you can glue the ends together and sand them down to make a nice smooth shape. Inside of the wooden cylinder you should also glue in a circular support which holds the shape and acts as motor mount . Glue one in the middle and both ends.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure. The last time I did it was by taking mom's iron, set the temperature to max and let it spew out steam :)

In any case, be careful not to burn yourself.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Spaceport (insert cool sounding name here) Has recieved our shipment of d12-7 motors. The command module is still being built. In other news we also recieved a set of 15 paints for an undisclosed project.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Ok i calculated about how high the patriot 4 should go with the antronaut aboard and the command module with the d12-7 engines and it should go to around 1300 feet. Also the engine bay has been reinforced so less chance of an explosion on the pad killing our beloved brave antronaut james.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
I will take video of the launch like the first two. Maybe pictures depends of if someone else brings a camera too. Also the launch will take place early spring.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
T minus 2 weeks and counting to liftoff of the patriot 4 carrying the first american antronaut on a suborbital journey. Onboard altimeter is installed and ready for flight. Camsat-1 still is on hold.

Also, anyone know how many pieces of recovery wadding i should use so it doesn't catch the parachute on fire yet few enough so it still lets the parachute out?

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Still on standby. Also all of our chickens are MIA :(:tumbleweed::suicide::leaving: Poor lightning. She was my favorite.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
The ground is finally dry enough so we wont break an ankle. Also any ideas on how to unstick a nose cone that was painted on accidentally? :blush:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
The patriot 4 has flown again and has been lost. Videos will be up shortly and i will try to find it in the fields tomorrow.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Finally got the videos up. There in the first post and as we went to the smithsonian today and i recorded my sister on the flight simulator. Heres the video just to piss her off :p.