The patriot 4 flies.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Gun safety is a good example of stringent safety measures that when properly adhered to, can significantly lessen the chance of a damaging and/or lethal accident in the prescence of dangerous objects. ;)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was about 15 feet away the farthest i could get with my launch controller and i was ready to high tale it out of there in a heartbeat

15 feet ain't enough and keep in mind that if something goes wrong, it'll happen faster then you can even turn around and start to run...

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. And also, I know those of us who live in the USA, Liberia and Myanmar are accustomed to the Imperial system, but it would make things a bit easier for the rest of us if you used metric.

I definitely wouldn't stand 4.5 meters away from that rocket. Maybe 15 meters, not 15 feet. In Imperial terms, that is around 50 feet.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Yeah. And also, I know those of us who live in the USA, Liberia and Myanmar are accustomed to the Imperial system, but it would make things a bit easier for the rest of us if you used metric.

I definitely wouldn't stand 4.5 meters away from that rocket. Maybe 15 meters, not 15 feet. In Imperial terms, that is around 50 feet.
I agree with T.Neo here, both about the safety range and the metric system.:thumbup:
Although I personally would be standing 100 meters away in a concrete bunker if I could. Just because it'd look awesome. :lol:

Darren

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe a car door with the window still on it (easy to find in a junkyard) can provide minimal protection ? It's light enough to be used as a portable shield, and it would be better than nothing I guess...

PS : Trabant doors doesn't count ! :lol:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Anyway i live in the united states and that adheres to regulations and it is what i have so i will continue using it.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
Maybe a car door with the window still on it (easy to find in a junkyard) can provide minimal protection ? It's light enough to be used as a portable shield, and it would be better than nothing I guess...

PS : Trabant doors doesn't count ! :lol:
Also don't use suicide doors, thats just asking for trouble.
Jinglesassy, if you're going to launch a living thing you might want to launch something a bit more interesting than ants.
Now im not saying to cram any sort of mammal inside a capsule *cough*NASA*cough* stick with insects or even arachinids.
If you launch a spider and when you rush over to the capsule it bites you, you know it had a bad flight if it doesn't bite you it had a fine flight... or it's dead.

Darren

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
Getting bitten by a spider that's been sent INTO SPACE and EXPOSED TO COSMIC RAYS could result in MARVELous consequences.:lol:
Whatever could you be talking about? There is nothing MARVELous about a SPIDER biting a MAN.

Darren

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Whatever could you be talking about? There is nothing MARVELous about a SPIDER biting a MAN.

Not just MARVELous...
spiderman-2.jpg

... But downright A-Mazing! :thumbup:

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
aah. the good ol' days when "it has regulations" meant it was always safe to use, under all circumstances, period... generally, american regulations just ensure that the device will PROBABLY not spontaniously combust while you walk it out to the launch pad. when it comes to rockets, you suddenly stop caring whether or not it is regulated when it malfunctions and flies at you.

remember the laws of rocketry: the rocket ALWAYS knows where you are

seriously though, just get some 1/4 inch plexi and screw some leather straps to it. u have a nice, light, portable, riot shield. its not the safest, but deffinately better than standing in front of an explosive device with nothing but your clothes to protect you

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
one small remark about American regulations. Please check the minuscule tag at the very bottom of the rocket, it may contain the following letters:
Mike Alpha Delta Echo India November Papa Romeo Charlie :)

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
one small remark about American regulations. Please check the minuscule tag at the very bottom of the rocket, it may contain the following letters:
Mike Alpha Delta Echo India November Papa Romeo Charlie :)
MADE IN PRC? Oh People's Republic of China.
Does that mean when something says "Made in China" It's really, really cheap?

Darren

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It means that American regulations for toys can be applied only insofar the factory engineer understands them. 99 point something per cent of all toys in the US are made across the Pacific, so there. Also please bear in mind that 120 years ago the same attitude persisted towards (you won't believe) German merchandise ... It was cheap, too.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
This isn't something made over-seas(well the cardboard maybe)But i got the tubes and built it myself and i made sure it adhered to the regulations not some Chinese man reading 3 lines of it then shipping it out.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
Any news on the Capsule? It seriously intruges me. (Although I don't know why. :lol: )

Darren

jinglesassy

Reaction score
I haven't begun construction yet and i am still trying to figure out the best way to repair the damage to the rocket.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
epoxy and something to reinforce it with. just remember, any weight that u add to one side has to be balanced over the entire thing or it becomes increasingly unstable. also might think about adding an extra few degrees to the fins to give it rotational stability