textures problem??

Dreamer

Reaction score
I downloaded and install the level 10 textures for Earth and Mars. Problem hi res tex of Mars doesn't show the cfg is set to 10. second question, on my old version of orbiter I downloaded hi res Mars and earth textures but
they never took so much time loading. anyone know? the computer is the same

dreamer

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
It is just how large the zip file is for the textures. For example, the higher the level, the longer the load time is. Read the read me file that comes with them both so you know how to properly download the addon.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think he's talking about the download time, I think he means the loading time in Orbiter.

And yes, it is a looooong load time. I think it's the size of the bitmaps used for the texture, but if you can get past the "forever and a day" loading time, the results are pretty impressive.

Dreamer

Reaction score
Right saturn V, but what about the mars 10 textures they don't work but the Earth 10 textures do Why?

dreamer

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry Dreamer, that I couldn't tell you. I've only tried the level 10 Earth textures.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think he's talking about the download time, I think he means the loading time in Orbiter.

And yes, it is a looooong load time. I think it's the size of the bitmaps used for the texture, but if you can get past the "forever and a day" loading time, the results are pretty impressive.
I knew he was talking about that. Dreamer, did you read any of the post I put up earlier on this thread? It may solve your problems.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
they never took so much time loading. anyone know? the computer is the same

have you Orulex installed? then loading times are extended. Orulex has to load the textures in again, because it can't get a handle to the textures allready in memory.