News Terrorist Attack in Boston

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
As a long-distance runner, this hits me hard. My thoughts are out with these people.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ar-boston-marathon-finish-line-192213861.html

boston5_635x250_1366062635.jpg

Screamer7

Reaction score
It is just horrible.
I followed the events on CNN,Sky News And BBC as they unfold.
I hope I am wrong, but that red stains on the pavement; are they blood?
My thoughts go out to the families and friends involved in this tragedy.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
yep. the sidewalk is covered with blood in the photos. that is real. heavy

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thoughts go out to everyone in Boston.

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
What is the point in taking out runners? Pure mindless evil. I am so sad and disheartened by this.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I would just like to leave this somewhat relevant quotation from Mr. Rogers

wKxo3gO.png

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What is the point in taking out runners? Pure mindless evil. I am so sad and disheartened by this.
Based on the various replays of the explosions, it looks like the bombs were located among the spectators behind the fences off to the right-hand side of Boylston Street, near the actual finish line. So the explosions were not aimed at the runners but the crowds.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
What sick bastard would have such a disregard for human life?

Someone who wants to evoke fear and emotion for the furthering of personal, philosophical, religious, or political motives. That kind of sick bastard.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Someone who wants to evoke fear and emotion for the furthering of personal, philosophical, religious, or political motives. That kind of sick bastard.
But if you want to discuss these motives, please keep that discussion in the other thread created on the topic, which is available only for members who opted in to view the other forum.

Keatah

Reaction score
Traveling to the bombing to volunteer psychiatric assistance and therapy.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Truly a sad event!
The best comment though I've come across so far is that by comedian Patton Oswalt who wrote the following on his facebook page:

Boston. F*****g horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."