Problem STS Historical Scenarios CTD

sardiver

Reaction score
Hi all. I looked for a solution to this, but any search criteria I entered inundated me with what appeared to be irrelevant threads.

In both Orbiter 2010 and 2016, I get a crash to desktop any time I try to load any of the "STS Historical Scenarios".

There are two exceptions, and I think it's significant to my problem, whatever it may be. The STS-1 scenarios, with it on final and in orbit, seem to load fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to my problem?

Thank you.

sardiver

Reaction score
Just me, huh?

Nuts. Oh well. I suppose I could just copy some of the parameters into other scenarios.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could you post a link to to the add-on that contains these scenarios? It could be that they were made for an earlier Orbiter version (2006 most likely) which explains why it won't work. This is something you have to really check, backwards-compatibility is never assured.

sardiver

Reaction score
I thought they were ShuttleFleet4.8 files, but I didn't see anything in the documentation about them. I don't see the download in any of my folders, and I don't see it in the Generic Mod list.

Not a big deal. But thank you!

The only real reason I want to do it is to avoid screwing around with editing payloads in the shuttle bay. Still sort of a tedious process for me.

Last edited:

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If you are using the scenarios with pylonmfd that no longer works. You have to do significant amount of editing to get those scenarios to work (but it is possible).

sardiver

Reaction score
Did you read PayloadsSetup.pdf? It's located in Orbiter\Doc\STSpayloads folder.

I'm ashamed to say I did not. I didn't, for whatever reason, link the two mentally.

Thanks for the shove in the right direction.

EDIT: Problem resolved. In my neophyte condition, I'd apparently grabbed an incompatible version of the STS Payloads download. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: