state vector and Norad TLE

dida_plt

Reaction score
I have state vector (x,y,z,xdot,ydot,zdot) and i want generate norad TLE file.
please help me to find the equations.
thanks a lot

dida_plt

Reaction score
thank you for this link, but I want programm it (realise like this application) so I'am searching the mathematical formulas .

thanks a lot

dida_plt

Reaction score
thanks a lot, it's very useful. :tiphat:
some element are missing to construct NORAD TLE File such us : drag term, element number, the first and second time derivatives of mean motion...

StefanE

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You say you have a state vector and you want to create a TLE-File from it. You ask for terms like drag e.g.
I think there is some basic misunderstanding. If you really have only a state vector, you can derive most information for the second (!) line only of the TLE-File, but nothing for the first line. The information in the fist line can in no way be extracted from a state vector, it must come from completely different sources.

And even getting the values for the second line is no easy task. First thing is to convert your state vector into orbital elements. There are quite a few tools available in the Internet to do that, but you should also know if your state vector ist ecliptic-based or equatorial based. Once you have orbital elements you can get the values for the second line of the TLE by some calculations. If you have come that far, report back and we will help you