SSU Questions thread

asdad

Reaction score
hey guys, I have question about documentation of SSU is not been update since september 14 2019 ? because on scenario files space shuttle ultra parameter list is incomplete

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Its possible that the list is incomplete - which parameter seems to be missing or which in the documentation is obsolete?

asdad

Reaction score
I want to create own SSU, but in documentation doesn't have example how to create scenario there is only example how to create mission file

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I want to create own SSU, but in documentation doesn't have example how to create scenario there is only example how to create mission file
Yes - that is because of multiple reasons:

1. SSU is in active development and things change very often. Thus we don't want to encourage development of third-party scenarios.
  2. We think SSU is too complex to maintain scenarios manually - we have decided years ago to prefer developing a mission editor and a tool chain around it.
  3. This mission editor is still completely WIP and would require a dedicated developer - I can't do it anymore.
  4. We decided to move things, that remain constant throughout a mission into constant mission files, that can be shared among multiple vessels, so all involved vessels in SSU use the same definition of the current mission. The scenario files should only store information about the mission, that is variable: Current mission, current mission progress, mission control decisions, deviations/aborts, etc.
  5. The planned workflow to create a new pack of scenarios in SSU was like that:
    1. Define a mission context (Which other vessels should be present, timeline, etc)
    2. Create the mission, either standalone or as part of a complete flight manifest (like a space station assembly)
    3. Once the mission is created and defined, the actual mission files for SSU are written.
    4. The mission editor should then also write scenarios for a selected set of entry points (VAB rollout, crew entry, L-10min, Post-Insertion, FD1, FD2, etc)
    5. should more specific scenarios for a mission be needed, they would be created by flying the mission and saving at a reference point.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Guys , SSU is working but in orbiter r65 not in orbiter r90
Are you talking about Orbiter Betas?

I think this behaviour is perfectly normal, as SSU is not even released for Orbiter 2016 (stable) yet, only a nightly has been released, and one for an alpha version.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Guys , SSU is working but in orbiter beta r65 not in orbiter beta r90
I won't release anything for Beta versions of Orbiter. We have more than enough work for the regular versions of it left and who wants to try, can still compile his own version of SSU against a Beta release at his own risk.

Should any modifications of the source code be necessary, would it be nice to get the patches into the main source code later.