SSU Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I noticed the TV ROLL in MM105 (OMS-2 burn) is stuck at 180 (Heads down burn attitude)
I've tried loading ITEM6 +0 (or even +360) in order to have the Orbiter Heads up for the burn but I get an illegal entry message. I know we can tweak this value in MM202.
Is there something I am missing or SSU allows only heads down burn in MM105, and if so, why?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I noticed the TV ROLL in MM105 (OMS-2 burn) is stuck at 180 (Heads down burn attitude)
I've tried loading ITEM6 +0 (or even +360) in order to have the Orbiter Heads up for the burn but I get an illegal entry message. I know we can tweak this value in MM202.
Is there something I am missing or SSU allows only heads down burn in MM105, and if so, why?
TV ROLL doesn't work in OPS 1. Let me search for the source...

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Here you go:
Item 5, TV ROLL, the desired local roll angle at ignition, comes from a compool (I-load, uplink, or crew input) and this item is used to update the displayed value (in OPS 2 only).

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Here you go:

In some missions OMS-2 burn attitude was Heads Up. So that means it was kind of pre-programmed in MM105?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In some missions OMS-2 burn attitude was Heads Up. So that means it was kind of pre-programmed in MM105?
Yes. That's what I-LOADS were and meant, Initial Load. Later in the program they implemented the ability to change I-LOADS during the actual launch countdown, this was known as DOLILU or Day Of Launch I-LOAD Update. It was pronounced "dol-e-luh".

MrFickles

Reaction score
I apologise if it has already been answered, but how do I get the end effector camera view? Or do I have to eyeball RMS grapples

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I apologise if it has already been answered, but how do I get the end effector camera view? Or do I have to eyeball RMS grapples

It's one of the VC positions... don't know from memory how to get there, but I know there is a table in the manual with all the VC positions and how to get to each one of them.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
cntrl + uparrow

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
cntrl + uparrow
First you need to navigate to one of the aft flightdeck positions, then navigate past the ODS centerline camera and PLB camera A and then on to the RMS End Effector camera. The elbow camera can be access by pressing Ctrl-left arrow. This camera is identical to the four PLB cameras and just like them are mounted to a Pan/Tilt Unit, so its orientation can be controlled independently of the arm.

MrFickles

Reaction score
Alright, I got the camera angle, but the EE camera is just a black screen. RMS elbow camera and payload bay CCTV works fine.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Alright, I got the camera angle, but the EE camera is just a black screen. RMS elbow camera and payload bay CCTV works fine.

Could you be looking at space?

MrFickles

Reaction score
EE is pointed at the OBSS, but all I see is a black screen

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
EE is pointed at the OBSS, but all I see is a black screen

Does that happen always, i.e., if you move the EE around, does anything show up?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Nope, it’s always just a black screen.
When you switch to that camera, does the caption appear at the top of the image?
Does the scenario "Atlantis in orbit.scn" also do the same? You should be looking at the OMS pod.
What versions are you using? (SSU and Orbiter)

MrFickles

Reaction score
Yes, the caption "RMS EE camera" appears.

"Atlantis in orbit.scn" camera works fine, looking at the top half of the OMS pod.

I'm using the latest compile of SSU on Orbiter 2016.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, the caption "RMS EE camera" appears.

"Atlantis in orbit.scn" camera works fine, looking at the top half of the OMS pod.

I'm using the latest compile of SSU on Orbiter 2016.
Could you check the End Effector attitude as recorded by the LEDs on panel A8U? You can do this by placing the PARAMETER rotary switch in the ATTITUDE P/Y/R position, and the JOINT SELECT rotary switch in any of the three WRIST positions. I believe the camera has an issue when it is at a singularity which it is when any axis is a perfect 90°s.

MrFickles

Reaction score
Seems to be working fine now all of a sudden. Thanks for your help

patio

Reaction score
pb doing an oms burn

Hi

i have a problem doing a second OMS Burn

I do a successful first OMS burn using OPS 104
ITEM 19 EXEC
ITEM 10,11,12,13 EXEC
ITEM 22 EXEC
ITEM 23 EXEC
ITEM 27 EXEC
but when i program a second burn later using similar Item exec commands

the OMS motors fail to ignite when the ITEM 23 countdown is reaching zero and I EXEC

My motors are in ARM/PRESS
Am I missing a reset command somewhere ?

Thanks

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi patio

Are you in OPS202 when you try your OMS burn? Remember OPS104 is only for orbit insertion burns (OMS-1 and OMS-2). For all subsequent burns you must be in MM202 (OPS202). Also after every burn you need to switch to OPS201 and then back to OPS202 before you make another burn or the OMS will not ignite.

One suggestion: do not wait the countdown to reach ZERO when you press EXEC, do it a few seconds before (the EXEC yellow warning starts flashing 15' seconds before TIG; as soon as you see it you re good to go and press EXEC on your keyboard). If you wait till the countdown is over the OMS should still ignite but your TIG (time when the burn starts) will be off and you will miss your targets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.