Not open for further replies.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Are there any plans to implement an API (like XRVesselCtrl) in SSU, so that add-ons like Orb::Connect can be used to access spacecraft status?

Poscik had implemented something in that direction, but no full telemetry stream.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm currently working on updating the STS-107 payloads meshes to fit the new orbiter. So far everything is going nicely. I am currently in the need for a new texture for the EDO cryo kit. I'm remaking it as the old one was not accurate. And it would be nice with a fresh new better looking texture on it as well.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. Where can I find this?

It was just my simple experiment with OGRE rendering engine. I made something like 3D Telemetry Visualisation, but It was only able to show position and orientation of the shuttle. In fact it is completely useless and I even don't have source code of it :)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Just commited code that added OAA extend in case of abort, and noticed that both OAA retract and extend are too slow: it takes over 3 minutes to retract when it should take around 120sec (from TV) or 150sec (from LCC): and the extend should take 15sec (TV) or 20sec (LCC) (at least an emergency extend). Anybody want to take this, or shall I correct it?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Just commited code that added OAA extend in case of abort, and noticed that both OAA retract and extend are too slow: it takes over 3 minutes to retract when it should take around 120sec (from TV) or 150sec (from LCC): and the extend should take 15sec (TV) or 20sec (LCC) (at least an emergency extend). Anybody want to take this, or shall I correct it?

Forget it, just commited the necessary changes.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can Edwards be added as an available landing site in SSU? I have a working Edwards base with Landsat imagery which I can check in if there's interest:

SSU_EDW_RWY22_WIP.jpg

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
looks awefully blue-ish.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can Edwards be added as an available landing site in SSU? I have a working Edwards base with Landsat imagery which I can check in if there's interest:
Yes. I think the only change needed will be to add Edwards to the list of available landing sites in the AerojetDAP code. At some point we should start reading this from a config/mission file instead of hard coding the list of landing sites.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
looks awefully blue-ish.
I think that's just the distance fog in effect. The Roger's Dry Lake bed is a good contrast against the blue color of the atmosphere.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I have checked in the Edwards AFB files. Config file name is EDW.cfg in the Earth\SSU subfolder. Right it only consists of the main concrete runway (22/04).

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I checked in a few updates to EDW, the iconic compass rose and RWY23/5, both on the lake bed.

SSU_EDW_WIP2.jpg

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Orbiter CTDs when I start any SSU scenario. It doesn't seem to like the RWY23 mesh - if I remove it from EDW.cfg, everything works. Also, this problem only seems to occur when using the default graphics client; using the DX9 client, I don't have any problems.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Orbiter CTDs when I start any SSU scenario. It doesn't seem to like the RWY23 mesh - if I remove it from EDW.cfg, everything works. Also, this problem only seems to occur when using the default graphics client; using the DX9 client, I don't have any problems.
I'll take a look at this issue.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

I can't replicate it on my end. Everything works fine here, in the default graphics client. Just to be clear, by "default graphics client" you mean the built-in one right, as in orbiter.exe?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Wouldn't be SC3 related, would it ?

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll take a look at this issue.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

I can't replicate it on my end. Everything works fine here, in the default graphics client. Just to be clear, by "default graphics client" you mean the built-in one right, as in orbiter.exe?
I do mean orbiter.exe.

I deleted some groups that seemed to be causing problems in MeshWizard, and everything now works for me. There doesn't seem to be any difference in appearance between the edited mesh and the original version.

The modified RWY23 mesh is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64239213/EDW_Lakebed_RWY23_line.msh.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I checked in fixed versions of the two lake bed runway meshes. Could you verify that the problems are gone?

1hippienaut

Reaction score
setting up an STS-1 launch test scenario
using SSU
is the orbiter date convert mfc
not working any more
i put in

12 mm 04 dd 1981 yyyy
0700 h 59 m 00 s
for the scenario start date

and SSU LCC
launch time of

12 mm 04 dd 1981 yyyy
0700 h 00 m 03 s

date converter outputs
and a launch time of 44735.166701

sim starts with Monday May 11 04:59:00 1981
MJD 44735.2076

very confusing any ideas?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There's already a STS-1 launch scenario(Historic missions\STS-1\STS-1 L-10 minutes.scn).

It's already set up and ready to go.

1hippienaut

Reaction score
Thanks DaveS much appreciated
this is just a personal quick launch scenario

i checked the scn mentioned and it
starts sunday april 12 11:05:04 1981
should be sunday April 12 7:59:00 am
and a launch at am 7:00:03
we'll get there
Yall are doing great indeed

Last edited: