Spinal Surgery Coming Up

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Saw the neurosurgeon this morning. Now scheduled for surgery next Wednesday (the 21st) so I'll likely be offline for at least a little while.

If I've seemed grumpier than usual lately, I apologize to any I may have inadvertently offended. Just been in a lot of pain (herniated disc sitting right on the nerves at L4/L5) and a liitle wired at the prospect of somebody cutting into my back & messing with my spine & nerves. But the time has definitely come. Can't stand the constant pain in the lower back & legs anymore.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to a life more suited to a 50 year old man than hobbling around work on a cane looking like an drug addled 80 year old.

On the upside, I'll probably be out of work about 8 weeks, so I may actually be able finish the Gemini splashdown & Recovery add-on.

Thanks for tolerating my cantankerous nature of late, and hope to see you all again soon.

Don

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Best of luck and get better soon !!!

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
My prayers are with you. To speedy recoveries :cheers:!

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It'll be worth it.

Back pain ain't nothing to ignore, of course . . . and these surgeons know what they're doing. That's why they've got that plaque in their office and the years of med school behind them.

You take it easy after the surgery, though -- give yourself plenty of downtime (and drugs) till things start getting better. A friend of mine went into surgery recently for a traditional hernia op, and he found out the hard way you don't just take yourself off the vicodin.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As someone with scoliosis, I can appreciate your situation, though my pain has probably come nowhere near what you have experienced. Good luck and wish you a speedy recovery.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Good luck. Surgery on such a sensitive area isn't nothing, but you'll feel a lot better with a patched nervous system ;)

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
As a birth cohort, I can relate to chronic back pain.

I really hope this helps you, and hopefully I'll be able to keep my envy (not for going under the knife, but for subsequent relief) under check.

Happy returns!

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good luck Saturn V. Prayers go to the mission control above.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Don, wish you all the best and hope to see you soon here again!

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
All the very best for your surgery and speedy recovery. We'll keep your seat at the O-F fireside warm. :cheers: