OHM SpaceX launch vehicles and Dragon

Wonderer

Reaction score
Disabeling [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4690"]StateSaver Autosave[/ame] solved the falling cargo problem for me.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just FYI, I don't have Autosave installed, and I still saw the falling payload at least one time.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I did my first unmanned orbit with it... Nice add-on, really. But there are some things I didn't get and that I didn't saw in the manual though :

- Launch autopilot : is it activated by default ? Do you have to activate it before launch ? After liftoff ? I didn't managed to get it working.
- Re-entry : is there some kind of autopilot ? I noticed two numbers in green, what do they mean ? Also, the capsule is holding a negative -15° pitch I could not counter. This led me to a 10G ballistic re-entry that could be avoided using the capsule lifting lens-shape.
- Is there a way to dump fuel ? Even with keeping the 350 kg for propulsive landing, it would remove mass on reentry, always a good thing.

A spectacular amount of work anyway, congrats ! :thumbup:

Any hope to see the solar panels bug with D3D9 client fixed ? :p

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It looks like the correct way it to press L, enter inclination, press L, enter altitude and then A for the AP and G to remove the tower to launch.

How can the nose cap be removed? Docking is... well, a bit hard, or impossible with it. Is it Shift+Y (jettison fairing)? If yes, it seems to be a bad choice, as it doesn't work with my QWERTZ keyboard.

[RANT]I hate it that there's no international keyboard layout. Who cares about ö, ä, ü, é, è, ê? I'm so close to buying a US keyboard...[/RANT]

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
It looks like the correct way it to press L, enter inclination, press L, enter altitude and the A for the AP and G to remove the tower to launch.

How can the nose cap be removed? Docking is... well, a bit hard, or impossible with it. Is it Shift+Y (jettison fairing)? If yes, it seems to be a bad choice, as it doesn't work with my QWERTZ keyboard.

[RANT]I hate it that there's no international keyboard layout. Who cares about ö, ä, ü, é, è, ê? I'm so close to buying a US keyboard...[/RANT]

Nose cap jettison is with Shift+N.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I did my first unmanned orbit with it... Nice add-on, really. But there are some things I didn't get and that I didn't saw in the manual though :

- Launch autopilot : is it activated by default ? Do you have to activate it before launch ? After liftoff ? I didn't managed to get it working.
- Re-entry : is there some kind of autopilot ? I noticed two numbers in green, what do they mean ? Also, the capsule is holding a negative -15° pitch I could not counter. This led me to a 10G ballistic re-entry that could be avoided using the capsule lifting lens-shape.
- Is there a way to dump fuel ? Even with keeping the 350 kg for propulsive landing, it would remove mass on reentry, always a good thing.

A spectacular amount of work anyway, congrats ! :thumbup:

your high G could have been solved if you pointed the hatch to earth, then you will have 15* pitch UP and not so much G

and the controls are listed in the manual, probably best that you RTFM so you know how to deploy solar panels and such. docking is technically impossible otherwise

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

ive just finished a little re-entry research for those that are interested:

from ISS orbit, i measured angular displacement (around the center of earth from the start of the de-orbit right through to landing, so you can now know right when to start your descent

i used a perapis of 55km for the re-entry, giving max Q of 33KPa and peak Gs around 5.5

at the end of the de-orbit burn, i was 33* from the start point. at 80Km altitude, i was 154*. at max Q (5.5Gs) it was 172* and touchdown occurred 173.612* from the start point.

now, i understand that the rotation of earth will make a difference between my trial run at 0 INC and a real re-entry from ISS INC, but:
*over such a short time, we can assume it is small, and ignore it, or just start our burn 2* earlier/later
*since the dragon is equipped to land on sea or terra firma, it doesnt exactly matter if you miss Wideawake, or land short of the sea and fall over land (so long as you dont crush someones house :p)

use the info if you want, but i have just one more problem:

as mentioned earlier, my crew seem to be ketting killed at high time accelerations because the temperature control is unstable. i thought i disabled it by adding "ENV 0" to the SCN entry, but apparently not, ill try and do it again, but aybe it was a typo. in the meantime, could you please make our UMMUs a little tougher? killed by temperature rise over a minute or so is quite rediculous

also, the textures from my gauges (solar panel voltage, battery life etc) have dissapeared, leaving white rectangles only... anyone else get that?

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I'm getting a CTD when i jettison the trunk when using the Shift+J key press.

I'm using the latest builds posted, D3D9 RC34 and orbiter 2010 p1.

I'll test it some more tomorrow.

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Those textures have been missing for ages. I tried re-installing it. Still the same CTD.
The LPad has a bug - it cause a CTD when there's no LV linked to it in scenario. Delete LPad from scenario, then it should work.

I will try to fix, but it will be after I fix other bugs.

in the meantime, could you please make our UMMUs a little tougher? killed by temperature rise over a minute or so is quite rediculous
OK. I think 1.5-2 hour should be enough. I think I will also rise max temp. from 40 to ~60.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i just had an idea about the LES engines, that could prevent an accidental, and catastrophic orbit change:

could you change the thruster grouping to a custom thruster group (one that orbiter won't recognise and apply key commands to). they will still work exactly the same if you change how they are called for, but they will be out of reach of the Orbinaut except through the automatic functions

good luck man!

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Still getting the CTD when jettisoning the trunk, tried with inline and D3D9 clients, with cargo and Crewed versions, still getting CTD. Also tried with and with out different modules still no luck.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Hi Glider, great add-on :thumbup:

I think I've found a bug:

11_09_17_16-29-22_FXH.jpg

11_09_17_16-29-32_FXH.jpg

I tried launching Hayabusa on Falcon X Heavy and everything went well until some random point where Hayabusa got detached from the second stage. According to the scenario file Hayabusa should still be attached as payload but in-game it's not.

I know the Hayabusa add-on is SC3 (and I don't know if this is actually compatible with the payload thingie) but I had this once with Dragon too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Spicer

Reaction score
I'm getting a message saying that msvcr100.dll is missing, resulting in a ctd every time. Where do I get that? Why is that not in the install of the add-on?

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Hi Glider, great add-on :thumbup:

I think I've found a bug:

11_09_17_16-29-22_FXH.jpg

11_09_17_16-29-32_FXH.jpg

I tried launching Hayabusa on Falcon X Heavy and everything went well until some random point where Hayabusa got detached from the second stage. According to the scenario file Hayabusa should still be attached as payload but in-game it's not.

I know the Hayabusa add-on is SC3 (and I don't know if this is actually compatible with the payload thingie) but I had this once with Dragon too.

Thanks!

Just found out that this happens if you save the game through the scenario editor

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Update. Changes:
- autopilot should be less crazy.
- added auto-shutdown of engines when LES is used.
- added ability for Dragons to dump fuel.
- LES engines group type changed to THGROUP_USER. (they are no longer hover engines)
- payload fall when Autosaver or quicksave button is used, should be fixed.
- fixed LPad CTD when there's no LV in a scenario.(LPad now can be used alone)
- fixed a bug with attitude control during reentry.
- fairings can be changed to a different by a scenario file. now any user's mesh can be used as a fairing.
- CTDs during loading may be also fixed. Should be tested.
- Ctrl+G should turn controls off and on.
- buttons of RCS panel in VC's control panel now can be turned off too.
- UMMU now needs 1.5 hours to overheat or overcool.
- temperature and solar panel watts should be stable on time acceleration up to x100000
- solar panels can't generate energy on the dark side of the Earth anymore.
- autopilot should place a payload to unstable orbit(with perigee 70-110 km), so the second stage will be burned in atmosphere.
- second stage now can be burned in atmosphere.(it will be destroyed when Acceleration < 0.0 && dV >= 3500 m/s )
- the dynamic pressure for fairing auto-jettison can be specified by L key.(works in autopilot mode only)
- FXX, FXH and FX now can effectively reduce g (5 g max) by throttling and engine cutoff(for FXX).
- "engine shutdown" failure type should be fixed.