OHM Space Tugs, release 4

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
SpaceTugs3.jpg

Author: yury kulchitsky

Space Tugs is a collection of upper stages (towing vehicles) intended for towing into a working orbit various types of payloads. Can be used like separate addon, with TX hypersonic vehicle or with ENERGY project addon.

What is new:
  • based on Payload Manager version 2.2.3.0
  • new vessel - Tranzit transorbital space tug
Required add-on - ENERGY project (http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1036)

Designed for Orbiter 2006 Edition, patch 1 (build 060929)

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by huttser
Pros: Build your own rockets!
Cons: Can't lunch rockets verticaly
Review:
Sweet!

Review by hipotok1978
Pros: Launch ANYTHING into orbit using the Energia
Cons: payload editor limited to 5 items per stage
Review:
An awesome launch vehicle addon! I have used this package along side the Energia vehicle to put SSBB pieces into orbit, probes, satellites, UMMU's (hehehe the VERY CHEAP way to get into space) anything else u can imagine. if someone built a school bus for Orbiter, you can use this system to put it into orbit. Not great for launching nuclear warheads though, due to you can only attach the 5 things to the stages

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
kulch, do you have any plans to make a more powerful upper stage for Apollo-like moon missions? I'm planning on using the Energia to put the CTV/LTV (about 20 tons each) onto a free-return to the moon, and Smerch isn't high-thrust enough and doesn't have enough fuel.

kulch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
kulch, do you have any plans to make a more powerful upper stage for Apollo-like moon missions? I'm planning on using the Energia to put the CTV/LTV (about 20 tons each) onto a free-return to the moon, and Smerch isn't high-thrust enough and doesn't have enough fuel.
It is task for Vulkan HLV.

markweasal

Reaction score
hey kulch are you still alive?

you've been silent with addons for a while. how about updateing the tugs to have the smerch available in single and double engine versions since i cant get it to do a lunar transpher. the ltmfd says not enoughf thrust in engine maby you could upgrade it to the delta tugs engine becuse that one works. thanks
ps any news on why nuaka the iss' final module got delayed again? did the proton-m explode?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The only thing wrong with these is that the DM-2 and Smerch tugs don't come with linear RCS, so if you want to carry a module to a space station (and the Tranzit tug is too big for your needs), you can't fine-tune your plane alignment.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The only thing wrong with these is that the DM-2 and Smerch tugs don't come with linear RCS, so if you want to carry a module to a space station (and the Tranzit tug is too big for your needs), you can't fine-tune your plane alignment.
Aye. These things work best with Russian modules which tend to have their own reaction control. Makes for quite a hilarious challenge when trying to rendezvous otherwise. :lol:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Aye aye. I "solved" it by bringing a Tranzit up to the station and use that to retrieve modules from a DM-2/Smerch.