Project Space Transportation System 2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Weird. it still shows missing config and textures.

Attachments

• earthshuttlehd.jpg
    earthshuttlehd.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe. Payloads are basically vessels. So you can add them using scn editor. There are some that are static meshes those you have to edit the scn with notepad,....

You will need attachment manager to attach. Note that some may not fit the 2016 shuttle.

Reaction score
Maybe. Payloads are basically vessels. So you can add them using scn editor. There are some that are static meshes those you have to edit the scn with notepad,....

You will need attachment manager to attach. Note that some may not fit the 2016 shuttle.
Hmm, alright I'll try when I get time.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We redid a lot of the STS-payloads scenarios. There are still mission not made though.

I am redoing the VC part of the Early shuttle. Steerable KU would be nice. But really just eye candy.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Panel f3
KvWQtoM.jpg

It looks like the texture has a yellow 161? From the drawing it looks like it should be black with white lettering? and if this is active then it turns yellow, correct?
On my texture I will have them in active so just the black box with white lettering

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think I have built cockpit. Looking at things. Not sure if we want them?

Landing Gear. It seems right now we have a press a key and the gear deploys. In real life if requires at least 2 buttons. ARM and DN. I think SF had that where the Gear was ARMed first.

ET Hatches. Right now it is one key for both. But in real life an more involved procedure.

Like the KU antenna I can have the simple. press a key and it does it.

This brings up a new thing for me. The talkbacks. The Payload doors talkback work. I would need to figure out how and do the same for the ET hatches and Gear.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Landing Gear. It seems right now we have a press a key and the gear deploys. In real life if requires at least 2 buttons. ARM and DN. I think SF had that where the Gear was ARMed first.
In SF, the landing gear is armed at Ctrl+G, then deployed at key G. By design, it cannot be stowed again

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I can do that also. But making the talkback may be hard for me? I don't know if you in real life would press the ARM button what would happen as far as display?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't know if you in real life would press the ARM button what would happen as far as display?
Nothing. The TBs are driven by the actual landing gear status and only change once the DN PBI has been pushed. Then it would change from "UP" to barberpole while the gear is extending and then to "DN" once it is down and locked.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So What I should be able to do is have the ARM and DN and Talkbacks drawn on the texture? So press ARM the color bar changes. If Arm pressed and DN pressed then gear comes down. Bar color and Talkback change. And make the keys CTRL+G arm the gear. If Armed press G to lower gear.

Not sure about the covers. Sure I can make them. But I suspect 99% of users will not take the time to open the cover and just press the button?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I need help

This is what I have now for the talkback
MXfWRkp.jpg

does change with the gear
bBUt does change with KU antenna
P7VB5IO.jpg

bool Atlantis::VCDrawTalkback(SURFHANDLE surf, int idx, int label) { if (tkbk_stateL[idx] == label) return false; // nothing to do tkbk_stateL[idx] = label; oapiBlt(surf, g_Param.tkbk_label, 0, 0, label * 32, 0, 32, 18); return true; } bool Atlantis::VCRedrawEvent(int id, int event, SURFHANDLE surf) { switch (id) { case AID_LANDINGGEARLEFT_TKBK1: { static int label[5] = { 0,3,4,0,0 }; return VCDrawTalkback(surf, 0, label[gear_status]); } } return false; }

not sure what these number mean?
static int label[5] = { 0,3,4,0,0 };

I can't find except for the dialogue window where the talkback change.

Using the same tex as the R13 area. Do I need another texture?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ugh!!!!

I think for me the way to do the gear is mechanical. So the talk back would be a mesh piece that moves up/down.

So the light under ARM and DN would be mesh parts that move.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Closer
qDLv2D4.jpg

Now you press the arm button and the bar turns yellow. Press the DN button the talkback goes to the barber pole. and gear moves. When the gear is dn then turn the bar green.

This all works. But When I reload the gear talkback and gear dn light load. But the gear armed does not. it does save it but when I reload it ,it does not load.
saved state
if (geararmed == 1) oapiWriteScenario_string(scn, "GEARARMED", " ");//gear is armed
from the VC how geararmed is set

case AID_LANDINGGEARARM: { SetAnimation(anim_LEFTGEARARMON, 1); SetAnimation(anim_LEFTGEARARMOFF, 1); //RevertLandingGear(); geararmed = 1;//gear is armed } return true; case AID_LANDINGGEARDN: { if (geararmed == 1) {//gear is armed SetAnimation(anim_LEFTGEARTALKBACK, .5);//move talkback to barber pole RevertLandingGear();//move gear } } return true;
load state. So in the scn it looks to see "GEARARMED" if it does then it sets geararmed to 1.
if (!_strnicmp(line, "GEARARMED", 9)) // gear armed { sscanf(line + 9, "%d", &geararmed); geararmed = 1; }

part of the scn"
GEAR 1 1.0000
HATCH 0 0.0000
ADTA 0 0.0000
SSMES 1 1.0000
VCCAM 0
PETD 0 0.0000
SETD 0 0.0000
OV 99
USEIUS
SPIN1
ORIGINAL
NOSLIDEWIRE
NOCHUTE
GEARARMED "

weird, I changed it to put "ARMEDGEAR" if gear is armed now it saves

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Really I think the only buggy thing is the loading of the vc camera position. I looked at SSU

In this shuttle VC Camera position is numbered. the value is stored in VCCAM.

in the vc code.
bool Atlantis::clbkLoadVC (int id) { ... if (firstStep) id= VCCAM;// if firststep then load vc camera position switch (id) { case 0: // commander position ....
firststep is initialized
firstStep = true;

and in the prestep
if (firstStep) { firstStep = false; } ;

What happens is it loads but does not go to that camera position. until you move the vccam.

Not sure if the firststep part goes in the prestep?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Redid the switch code so now the HUD, lights, ATDA status is reflected in the switches. Might be ready for testing

Attachments

• shuttlevcswitches.jpg
    shuttlevcswitches.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 5
  • shuttlevcswitches1.jpg
    shuttlevcswitches1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 5
  • shuttlevcswitches2.jpg
    shuttlevcswitches2.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 5