Space Shuttle Ultra 1.25 Revision B development

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The OMS assist/ roll to heads up mission file code hasn't been checked in yet.
The ET post-step texture problem should be easy to fix; I suspect creating the ET vessel switches the texture back to the original version.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Another bug is that the state of the ET umbilical doors isn't loaded.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
hey Dave, didn't you ask a while ago for some measurements on the BSMs, on NSF??? Check page 3-20 below....
Hope that helps!:tiphat:

Attachments

• NSTS_07700_VOLX_BK-1_RevM.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 3,551

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Checked in the code for the A7 camera switches and the OMS Assist/RTHU mission file entries.

The OMS Assist entries are: 'OMSAssistStart' and 'OMSAssistEnd'
The Roll-to-Heads-Up entry is: 'RollToHeadsUpStartVelocity'

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The OMS assist and roll to heads-up works like a charm. Still need the ET to stayed burned at sep though. [;)]

Also, is the Wing_name gone now ?

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The WING_NAME parameter is not used anymore; the 'Orbiter' line is used as the name, if 'EnableWingPainting=TRUE' is also in the mission file.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok Thanks !!

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here's something I have been working on. Try to guess which mission it supported. And I do mean mission, singular.

Hint: The clue is on the GOX Vent Arm. Something on it changed as result of it's failure on this particular mission and this element had to be redesigned prior to the next mission.

Attachments

• SSU_Original_PadA_FSS.jpg
    SSU_Original_PadA_FSS.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 430

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
STS-1!!!! The thing was leaking all over the place so they redesigned the vent system before STS-2. What's my prize?:p
So, did the doc above help?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
STS-1!!!! The thing was leaking all over the place so they redesigned the vent system before STS-2. What's my prize?:p
So, did the doc above help?
Damn, you're good! And you're correct, for some yet unexplained reason the GVA didn't work for any of the STS-1 tankings(LH2 loading test, LOX loading test, FRF, April 10 countdown and April 12 countdown).

So prior to STS-2 the GVA was redesigned with the larger and shorter ducts that it uses today.

Another thing I have added is the hammerhead crane.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I know a few more: the RBUS installed on 39A in the summer of 85 (the platform was installed in 84 I think), and there's also a nitrogen (or helium?) dispersion system?!?!?! Have no idea what it did, but it was on the MLPs, just below the ET, between 91 and 99/00. And also the SSWS mod after STS-1, where they diverted water from the flame trench to the SRB holes, so on STS-1 the pipes on the flame trench were longer than now.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I know a few more: the RBUS installed on 39A in the summer of 85 (the platform was installed in 84 I think),
Yes, the RBUS platforms still remains but once the Shuttle/Centaur program got the axe, the actual hardware disappeared pretty fast. However, an engineering mockup of the RBUS remained at the Launch Equipment Test Facility up to until a few years ago.

I have never come across any good schematics over the RBUS.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Do we need Meshland and MapObjectsToSphere=false? As far as I understand this, it is caused by the Cape in Apollo being flat, with the crawler moving correctly but the visual of the terrain being off.

How far are you in getting your lost meshes recovered? Any luck in the new year?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Do we need Meshland and MapObjectsToSphere=false? As far as I understand this, it is caused by the Cape in Apollo being flat, with the crawler moving correctly but the visual of the terrain being off.
No need. SC found a nicer way which do not require any 3rd party add-ons such as MeshLand for the CT pad ascent/descent of the pad ramp to work.

How far are you in getting your lost meshes recovered? Any luck in the new year?
Well, the meshes were completely lost when I tried to install Ubuntu and installed it on the wrong partion of the HDD. So the partion was wiped along with everything on it.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How should the Scenario read to have the ET umbilicals open ?
The scenario should have
Code:
@SUBSYSTEM ETUmbDoors
  ET_DOORS 1.000000 1.000000
  ET_DOOR_LATCHES 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000
@ENDSUBSYSTEM        ;ETUmbDoors
for the doors to be open.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks SC !!

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This should be fixed now; if you can confirm it works I'll PM Tschachim with the fix.
I've also changed the ET code so the burnt texture is retained after ET sep, and I fixed a bug which caused the Air Data Probes to deploy when they weren't supposed to.