OHM Space hotel v0.2.1

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Adding ummu and ucgo to the code it's really easy also for the sc3 converted modules: if you follow the tutorial of dansteph step by step takes no more than half an hourn even for non programmers, it's a copy paste exercise in the right places (completely explained).
And passengers would not add any performance issue: they are only names stored in variables, that can eventually be transferred. A380 has 100 ummu passengers and has no fps impact.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I thought I remembered seeing a documentary with a snippet of an animation depicting Shimizu's space hotel, but I forgot what it was.

Now, I finally stumbled upon it. It's still just short snippets, so I'm wondering, where is the full version of "Welcome to the Space Hotel"?

JAPAN: COMPANY PLANS TO OFFER A WEEK LONG HOLIDAY IN SPACE (AP Archive, 1997)

Since I found that page when I was looking for information regarding Obayashi Corporation's former plan (from 1990) to have a Mars colony of 150 people by 2057, there are some clips of that, too.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think so, otherwise it wouldn't cut in random places.

Also, there's this:

Michel van Pelt said:
Shimizu even made a short cartoon movie about a group of tourists visiting their space hotel.
But that's the only other place where it is mentioned.

Last edited:

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinaut.blogspot.com
I borrowed a book 宇宙建築(Space Architecture) by Shimizu Corporation from city library.

Most of the contents of the book are outdated and not so interesting.

But it has a few pictures of the space hotel.

Inside of "Space Hall"

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I thought I remembered seeing a documentary with a snippet of an animation depicting Shimizu's space hotel, but I forgot what it was.

Now, I finally stumbled upon it. It's still just short snippets, so I'm wondering, where is the full version of "Welcome to the Space Hotel"?

JAPAN: COMPANY PLANS TO OFFER A WEEK LONG HOLIDAY IN SPACE (AP Archive, 1997)

Since I found that page when I was looking for information regarding Obayashi Corporation's former plan (from 1990) to have a Mars colony of 150 people by 2057, there are some clips of that, too.

I just found this video, which was released a month after I made the above post. It shows the Kankoh-maru along with some clips of the space hotel animation.