Gaming Space Engineers (now in BETA)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Update 01.150 DEV

Update 01.150 DEV:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKfi7DxiA0"]Space Engineers - Update 01.150 DEV - Render Improvements and Bugfixes - YouTube[/ame]

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Update 01.149 STABLE; Update 01.153 DEV

Update 01.149 STABLE; Update 01.153 DEV:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-0GzAlvsZU"]Space Engineers - Update 01.149 STABLE; Update 01.153 DEV - Improvements and Bugfixes - YouTube[/ame]

Gerdih

Reaction score
This update looks good, those lights are great and I see AI improving. With a bit of luck I will soon have enough money (recently started to work as mech/testing engineer intership) and buy a new kick ass computer.

PS: Is it just me or most of the teasers look like they are not worth it? I mean, they are improving them. But the only thing they do is add more lines and textures to parts that keep looking too blocky, I expected them to improve that, make them more stylish and nice to the eye rather than just adding detail and textures.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
PS: Is it just me or most of the teasers look like they are not worth it? I mean, they are improving them. But the only thing they do is add more lines and textures to parts that keep looking too blocky, I expected them to improve that, make them more stylish and nice to the eye rather than just adding detail and textures.
Doesn't that basically describe the entire Space Engineers development process?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or most of the teasers look like they are not worth it?
They at least need to show something constructed from them than just separate models and nothing more.

With a bit of luck I will soon have enough money
And I on the contrary last month stopped saving for a new computer which I planned to buy sometime at the beginning of next year, though it was slow saving, as I was spending majority from that on collecting Steam games :lol: and other unnecessary things (and as I delayed that, thinking the longer I'll wait the faster the available hardware will be at the time of purchase), and instead I started saving for something else, now quite really, with reducing planned pleasures only to going for "Rogue One" at the end of this year and no new games (and with this saving I could already buy a quite good new computer next week, but maybe without the highest model of graphics card).

If my current motherboard supported more than 8 GiB RAM, I'd buy some more memory instead, as it's quite cheap, at least to extend its life for the next half of year, for which I'll still need to keep my current computer now.