space board game

Star explorer

Reaction score
well heres what im talking about remember buzz aldrins race to space. well that began with a board game called liftoff. i wanted to get ahold of it but i cant find it and i dont have extra money so i kind of want to make a board game like using house stuff like card board and styrafoam. i want it to be like liftoff but with my own custmyzation (sorry for the spelling) of rules and stuff. im posting here to get tips or ideas from the forums so if you have a tip or idea or if you want to help post here.

PS: before you go and talk about the people who made the game sueing me well im not going to sell it its just for me and freinds but also if your on the forums and want play it thats also okay.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
It may be worth it to check if there is a cyberboard available.

Even if you want to play it on an actual board you could use the cyberboard as reference.

Star explorer

Reaction score
cant find it on cyber board besides i have pics and besides that i might make my own game board different remember when i said custymyzation well...

Star explorer

Reaction score
actually the website you gave me had a cyberboard thanx it gave me evrything i need to play now i need to learn. also how do i print these out or something

EDIT: well i can only print them if i take screen shots that ell be a last resort. im going back to my original plan to make a similer one anybody have tips or ideas on how to make a similer one PLZ

Last edited:
Reaction score
1.)anyone who plays unfairly will be executed.
2.)you can only move your bet when it's your turn
3.)always play inside the board
4.)you cannot play by yourself
5.)anyone who losses wins and the winner losses but the looser wins.

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Thanks for the e-mail address sputnik! I always wanted to contact Bronner personally.

I read on the web that somebody expanded his Liftoff game to seven players by making cards representing India, Brazil and Japan. Would you also choose this countries if you wanted to expand your game or would you take different ones?

I would keep India and Brazil and maybe add South Africa (as they also have space rocket experience) But can you actually launch to the moon from South Africa?

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I would keep India and Brazil and maybe add South Africa (as they also have space rocket experience) But can you actually launch to the moon from South Africa?

Yes, you just need to do an off plane intercept with the moon. Also, there's nothing to stop them from launching from some equatorial island.

Star explorer

Reaction score
alright be fore i draw the gameboard or cards im going to make the rules.

so far i have
US
Russia
Asia(this would include japan & india)
Europe
Brazil

all being in the game

next the players will have income

im still making up new stuff so i will update but thats it for now

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
alright be fore i draw the gameboard or cards im going to make the rules.

so far i have
US
Russia
Asia(this would include japan & india)
Europe
Brazil

all being in the game

next the players will have income

im still making up new stuff so i will update but thats it for now

Why don't you make it generic and use the space tourism race as theme? You would then not need countries, but instead space ports, which could be anywhere, either owned by the players or even rented to others. The players could be companies or teams.

I like good board games, if you need a play tester or help, just summon me.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have a space board game, but in that you have to answer questions, you start on earth and with every right question you are allowed to move on through the solar system, flying to all planets. When you reach an Exoplanet you've won the game.

Star explorer

Reaction score
You mean a game like monopoly. well maybe another time but i kind a want to do the space race. but your idea would be a fun monopoly like i said before i might make a game like that. anywase the rules are coming along but i need help i need to find rockets capsule satellites for europe asia and brazil i am going to google search but if you have a rocket or whatever that would go well with the game please give me a link.

rules so far

Space board game rules
This is a set of rules for you to play my space board game

The following country’s/continents will be involved in the space race
US
Russia
Asia
Europe
Brazil
All players shall receive a fixed income of 30 credits per turn unless an event card states otherwise or if a successful or failed mission occurs in which the income will change.
The following rockets/equipment are listed for each country/continent
US
Rockets
Atlas rocket
Titan rocket
Saturn V rocket
Nova rocket
Booster strap on
Satellites
Explorer satellite
Ranger satellite
Surveyor probe
Capsules
Mercury capsule
Gemini capsule
Apollo capsule
XMS-2 mini shuttle
Jupiter spacecraft
Eagle module
Cricket module
Mic
Kicker-A booster
Kicker-B booster
Eva suits
Docking module

Russia
Rockets
A-series rocket
Proton rocket
N-1 rocket
Vulkon rocket
Booster stage
Satellites
Sputnik satellite
Cosmos satellite
Luna probe
Capsules
Vostek capsule
Voskhod capsule
Soyuz capsule
Lapot mini shuttle
Lvartet spacecraft
Duet module
L-3 module
Misc
Kicker-A booster
Kicker-B booster
Kicker-C booster
Eva suits
Docking module

PS: a good reason why i want to make it is because we just got done with exams and we have a 3 day weekend so its a perfect time for me

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
Thanks for the e-mail address sputnik! I always wanted to contact Bronner personally.

I read on the web that somebody expanded his Liftoff game to seven players by making cards representing India, Brazil and Japan. Would you also choose this countries if you wanted to expand your game or would you take different ones?

You're quite welcome.

Err..sounds like that someone is me, actually. I did cards for Brazil. Fritz and I picked out names for the Indian program as well, but cards were never drawn.

Star explorer

Reaction score
what rockets would you have done for india or brazil

Post added:

well im going to give up trying to find stuff for asia europe or brazil im just going to have russia and us sorry but maybe in the future when i have perfected the game i will add those countrys.

anywase im still working on rules. right now im working on how missions work. what i have so far are danger factor saftey what types of missions there are ETC... the danger factor is how much the possibility is of the mission failing the saftey factor is how much chance of success it has. you roll dice and if the roll is higher than the danger factor, success to increase the safety factor you can buy more dice (with game money of course). heres my problem i cant figure out how much danger factor to give to each rocket/satellite/capsule/misc. also i cant figure out how much money to give for a success or how much to lesson for failiure.

the game money is called credits and each player gets a fixed income of 30 credits for each turn unless an event card states otherwize (example goverment budget cuts space program lose 10 credits for 1 turn) or if a success increases that amount or failiure lessons it for 1 turn.

Last edited: