Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hope your vacation was fun. Recon & passenger modules look great. The doors all function but there is a problem with the door annunciator logic. If you select airlock 0 (port module door) and open it, you get the prompt "Left airlock now open". If you keep it open, select airlock 1 (starboard module door) and open it, you get the prompt "Right airlock now closed"! The same happens if you open the forward airlock and then the aft. The logic reads the state change of the second door as a closing rather than the opening of another door. I'll update documentation for the modules when the other pods are done.

Ben

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. On the airlocks logic. I believe you can only have one airlock open at a time.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I needed to redo the docking tubes as they would not fit the new modules. Also some minor mesh issues with MBA. I may redo the code. I need to fix the ummu spawn issue and also change the key so that W will select the pad/docking station. Then another key to select left or right attachment point. V to change the camera position with the selected pad.

Also I am redoing the Eagle to make it more Canon. Removed the radar, and blue nose cone as these are not canon. The beacon which is now red. The beacon and nav lights were not canon but make it more a function craft.

I wish the eagle was a better atmosphere craft. The Spacecraft3 one is better. Not sure why?
dockingtubefit1d4c.jpg

dockingtubefit1d4b-1.jpg

dockingtubefit1d4e.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well Working on eagles and pads. Making new docking tubes to fit Eagle 3 with the modules. Ben is working on a great Manual.

On the eagle3 I have figured out why the mesh is seen in the cockpit but need suggestions on how to fix it.

I have 4thRock's VC cockpit set as the cockpit view. So it is both cockpit and VC. The main eagle mesh is set as always and extpass. It needed to be that way so if in cockpit view the camera could see the frame of the eagle. And also if I remove the extpass part it has issues.

The reasons you see the mesh is that the cockpit/VC mesh is not aligned with the main mesh. Even if it was I still think if you look around you might see the main mesh.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well Working on eagles and pads. Making new docking tubes to fit Eagle 3 with the modules. Ben is working on a great Manual.

On the eagle3 I have figured out why the mesh is seen in the cockpit but need suggestions on how to fix it.

I have 4thRock's VC cockpit set as the cockpit view. So it is both cockpit and VC. The main eagle mesh is set as always and extpass. It needed to be that way so if in cockpit view the camera could see the frame of the eagle. And also if I remove the extpass part it has issues.

The reasons you see the mesh is that the cockpit/VC mesh is not aligned with the main mesh. Even if it was I still think if you look around you might see the main mesh.

Here's the issue visually:

Notice the gap between the windshield and the cockpit border

100811p.png

and the "ghost mesh" in the right windshield

100811i.png

Any suggestions on how to correct this??

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I finally see the gap and fixed it. I just aligned the interior with the exterior. I'll see if that fixed both. I think the other part is the exterior mesh being seen from the cockpit view.

Odd that if you cycle views it goes away

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

fixed the mesh but on the cockpit it needs to go in front of the external mesh or on top, One cockpit camera view is of the frame looking down. Without this MESHVIS_EXTERNAL | MESHVIS_EXTPASS you don't see the frame

I raised the VC above the eagle

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wanted to update where we are at:

Ben is putting together an excellent manual to cover all this.

Moonbase Alpha is about done. It has breathable area, storage areas, pad lowers/raise vessels with Displacement and Tcars you can travel all over the base. Main Mission mesh also. The base/vessel also has reversible landing pads so the docking tube can be on the left or right of the EAgle

Eagle 3 is about done. It has Ummu capability and can drop the uumu guy into the airlocks on MBA or TPAd or APAD. Also has a Alpha Buggy stored in the aft section. Reworked all pods for Ummu.

Where to go:
NUCLEAR WASTE SITES

NDA1. First of many site from the shop and tech manuals it is 3 miles ( mine is smaller) in diameter and basically cones with anti gravity towers.

nda1h4.jpg

NDA1b.jpg

NDA1e.jpg

B7 located about 5 KM from MBA
B-7.jpg

b71sign.jpg

NDA2

Best we can figure out within NDA2 there were 7 area. The one seen in the show was #7. It was to be 1 mile in diameter but it is actually 1/7 of that. The other 6 area were from .7 to 3 miles in size.

Ben and I are working on a enlarged NDA2 area7. Trying to get the waste processor to drive and drop caps on the silos.

Right now with the winch you can pick up the cans and silos. as seen in the show.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is Eagle3 and some of the modules. Still working on the cargo and winch.

full ummu 2.0 (not included). It has several airlocks. 9/0 switch airlocks. front/rear
then 2 for the tpad and 2 for the Apad. the difference is how you are attached. Left or right.

It has the alphabuggy that deploys from the aft section. 7 opens the hatch 8 lowers in/ b/n attach/dettach it from the pad.

Has the Space 1999 crew ummus

Let me know what you think, issues,.....
one issue is the drop of the buggy off the pad.

Ben is working on a manual for all the Space1999 thing we are working on.

One issue is using rsc to steer sometime from a stand still position I get a jerk and then then smooth turning on the buggy.

Removed the link til I can zip the meshs

new link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/o9boS2TL/1999eagle3.html

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is a refit of laser Tank1. I call it Alpha Construction Tank 1 or ACT1. It will have an attachment so you can add other parts. This is a cap carrier for the cones at NDA2 #7.

act1a.jpg

act1.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the new NDA2 section7 we are trying to make it an active area. With the ACT1 we can place the cones where it is needed.

But the Waste processor unit (UCGO car) is the issue. So ideas are requested.

It needs to be able to pick up the cans. It can do that now but it also need to place a mesh or cargo down. We want to be able to simulate the can being in the silo. I have a mesh of just the top.

Not sure you can select different cargo for release?

I have tried attaching a invisible mesh vessel to the WP and then switch but the vessel don't detect the cargo right underneath.

Maybe use Universal cargo Deck and select the respective cargo for storage in the unit.

Last edited:

Commander Koenig

Reaction score
Greetings From Moonbase Alpha

Wow I was surfing the web for files to use making a Space 1999 Game and found Orbiter. I have been a fan of the show since I was 6 when it first came to the US and have many collectibles I gathered over the years. My favorite being the Mattel Eagle Playset still complete, only changes were reprinted decals a few years ago. I have been using Poser 6 and 7 as well as Terragen and 3ds MAX to make a few ships and the basic items trying to get as close to the show as possible for the game. I will be using FPS Creator to render my game once I have everything needed and of course a general idea for the game (what to actually DO besides walk around Moonbase Alpha or flying an Eagle while drooling lol!) Any concepts out there that would like to bump heads please let me know, I am watching the entire series on DVD (again) to get ideas for a game. Great forum and site here I am glad I found it, I was beginning to think people were forgetting the show. Anything you might also need if I have it let me know and ill be glad to share, I'm not making my game for a profit but making it to keep the spirit of Space 1999 alive!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the WP. it had a platform that would lower the waste into the silos. So I have build a dll for it and we have a UCGO vessel attached to the platform
The cans on the platform is the UCGO vessel. It will place fake top on the open silos.

nda27b.jpg

Last edited:

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Wow I was surfing the web for files to use making a Space 1999 Game and found Orbiter. I have been a fan of the show since I was 6 when it first came to the US and have many collectibles I gathered over the years. My favorite being the Mattel Eagle Playset still complete, only changes were reprinted decals a few years ago. I have been using Poser 6 and 7 as well as Terragen and 3ds MAX to make a few ships and the basic items trying to get as close to the show as possible for the game. I will be using FPS Creator to render my game once I have everything needed and of course a general idea for the game (what to actually DO besides walk around Moonbase Alpha or flying an Eagle while drooling lol!) Any concepts out there that would like to bump heads please let me know, I am watching the entire series on DVD (again) to get ideas for a game. Great forum and site here I am glad I found it, I was beginning to think people were forgetting the show. Anything you might also need if I have it let me know and ill be glad to share, I'm not making my game for a profit but making it to keep the spirit of Space 1999 alive!

Welcome! :cheers:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, Welcome. :hello: I make all my in anim8or. Soon you will be able to visit NDa1,nda2, B7. At nda2 you will be able place cans and cone on the silos.

---------- Post added 08-31-10 at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-30-10 at 04:34 PM ----------

Here is where we are at:
At nda 2.7 we are able to place nuclear waste in the silos and cap them. Can deliver the caps from MBA to the depot
nda27b.jpg

eagleskidcone2.jpg

eagleskidcone4.jpg

eagleskidcone5.jpg

a couple of issues
1: how vessels can orbiter handle? each cone and can of waste are vessels so could it handle 48 cones?

2. on the WP, it turns fine at stop but when moving once you release the key it still drifts you have to press 5 to stop rotation. That may be normal or too much thrust?

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
a couple of issues
1: how vessels can orbiter handle? each cone and can of waste are vessels so could it handle 48 cones?

2. on the WP, it turns fine at stop but when moving once you release the key it still drifts you have to press 5 to stop rotation. That may be normal or too much thrust?

Looks great as always. :) Regarding the cones and cans, one DLL could manage multiple meshes if some sort of handle limit was reached.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks.

But each cone and waste can has their own cfg for UCGO. So to put a cone on each silo would require 48 of them. If you filled empty silo with 12 cans then you need 144(3 empty silos per arm and then 12 per silo(3x4x12))

Maybe just one arm? Reduce the empty silos and make the cans top rather than 1 cantop to 3 or more?

This is what we have. The WP is a vessel with and platform that lowers. It has an attachment point that moves with the platform. Attached to it is a UCGO vessel car that stores and releases the can tops.

We need to add another UCGO vessel to the WP so it will pick up the real cans.

The reason for 2 UCGO's vessels is although UCGO can pick up more than 1 type I think you can't select which cargo to release.

I thought UCD but I think it only allows 10 cargoes

Any ideas?

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
if you filled empty silo with 12 cans then you need 144(3 empty silos per arm and then 12 per silo(3x4x12))

Whenever a UCGO cargo is transfered (loaded) on a vessel, it seizes to be a vessel and becomes a mere graphical representation. Only free standing Cargos are handeled as vessels.

Besides that, I think there is no physical limit to vessels in Orbiter. If there's too much of them, you will experiance dropping framerate. Crashes while spawning or deleting too much vessels usually results from sloppy memory management of the vessels in question, something UCGO should be quite free of. Dan always keeps a tight watch on his code.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I was thinking about all the cans, cones,... releases as cargo. Which would be vessels.

Haven't figured out how to get the UCGO car NOT to show the cargo

Whenever a UCGO cargo is transfered (loaded) on a vessel, it seizes to be a vessel and becomes a mere graphical representation. Only free standing Cargos are handeled as vessels.

Besides that, I think there is no physical limit to vessels in Orbiter. If there's too much of them, you will experiance dropping framerate. Crashes while spawning or deleting too much vessels usually results from sloppy memory management of the vessels in question, something UCGO should be quite free of. Dan always keeps a tight watch on his code.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Haven't figured out how to get the UCGO car NOT to show the cargo

That's what I'm saying. They are NOT vessels, they are mere graphical representations. Look up a scenario file with a car that has some cargo on it, and you'll see that they don't have their own block. Instead, they are noted in the block of the car carrying them. If they were vessels, they would be saved in their own block with the notification that they are attached.

So, whenever you put a UCGO cargo into or on something, it gets deleted as a vessel. Instead the specific vessel knows it's carrying them and puts their mesh at the apropriate place. Orbiter doesn't register them at all anymore.