simple shooter

Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
Yes, good work Xantcha! Even though you mentioned that the code for the bots is relatively simple, it functions pretty good. Quite hard as well, but I did manage to get some points. The ShuttlePB seems to very sensitive (like other light aircraft in Orbiter, I experienced earlier) to turbulence in the clouds (nebo), even the AI players get disoriented by it, they can't really hit you anymore in the clouds..

Also fun to do is to get high above the clouds at 20 km or so, the bots will still follow you quite good, but above 12 km they seem to overshoot their aiming all the time...

regards,
mcduck

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Some fun with T-38 and SRBs:
t-38.jpg

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
Fun, fresh and smooth functioning :speakcool:

Frogisis

innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.frogisis.com
Tons of fun - I like the idea of adding more game modes to Orbiter. At first I expected the little shells to be guided because of their speed and how you have to "lock on," but just making them dumbfire adds a lot to the challenge.

I'm sure there are people here with the programming skills to take this up to the level of full space combat: Imagine keeping a target thousands of kilometers away in your boresight while your railgun achieves its firing solution, or seeing distant flashes from your long-range nuclear missles bringing out enemy ships in silhouette... Or even a "laser MFD" where you could direct a crosshair onto specific systems, or incoming missiles?
Beyond the textures and models, I wouldn't even know how to start putting something like that together, but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming about it.

Great addon, and it really whets my appetite for what else you might cook up.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
so is this atmosphere only combat or can u take it into orbit, fight over and inside the grand canyon?

SpaceNut

Reaction score
Very nice, love the bots, love the scoring, love it all, very well done!

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Space to shoot, N to cycle through targets (it shows enemy position and aiming helper).

W35M4N

Unregistered Non-User
Reaction score
Is Missile.msh the bullet/missile mesh for this?

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's a simple addon that adds an arcade shooter into orbiter environment. It features my favorite craft - shuttlePB with a cannon :)
Start a mission, shoot at enemies, gain scores, avoid counterfire.
WOW! Nice addon! The AI is amazing and the HUD display feels almost like you are flying in a state-of-the-art jet fighter; now that I think about it... Has anyone got an F-22 mesh?

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am wondering of Xantcha has a version 2 teaser ready for us yet, or ever..... Nothing worse than trying to launch a piece of your future space station and T+00:03:00 having to scramble your Delta Fighters to intercept the attacking force... and you thought that the math of orbital mechanics was hard..... Crap, the Saturn V is almost out of HP... crap crap..... it is not staging!!!

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This is really fun!
Any news?