Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Since this is a picture thread, I am going to have to smack you with the universal glove of "Pics or it didn't happen".

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is my rig:

**EDIT** Credit where credit is due - that's Tex's screenshot of the Europa mission as my wallpaper, for those that didn't recognize it.

Attachments

• Rig.jpg
    Rig.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 93

Unstung

Reaction score
I still have the messiest desk so far. :p
It's too ugly to take a picture of.

Turbinator

Reaction score
I wish I had this Saitek HOTAS. However I just can't justify it to myself, I don't want to spend more than $30 on a stick because I am only going to use it only maybe 2 time a month.

saitekx65f.jpg

Is there much of a difference between a $30 stick and a $190 stick? In terms of how it just feels, I find the sticks I had never really get the "centre" they are always a bit off to some side. What I mean is when the stick is in the dead centre, the control output does not register dead centre. No matter how much you play with the set-up, you can never get a dead centre.

I remember I had a F-16 flight stick, you know one of those they had back in the good old golden days days of computers in the 90s. Didn't buy it it was gifted to me and that was amazing. I lost it since then :( It was only the stick, didn't get the throttle.

This is the biggest images I could find:
200-571.jpg

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
@Turbinator: LOL, I wish! Actually though, I heard that the force-sensing is not that good because the stick hardly moves. That design was made for the F-16, to be capable of control during high-G maneuvers, but it hardly makes sense for any simulator setup, besides fighter combat. Also, the X65 is like, a 400 USD stick. Unless you really saw it for 190 USD/CAD. In that case, I am coming!

Oh yeah, look at Moach with the X52 Pro. That setup is bang on. :thumbup: (saying this for what, the third time :lol:)
Only thing missing is a real sound setup. Get a huge subwoofer or even better, a ButtKicker. :cool:

(I'll get to taking pics of mine sometime, webcam sucks)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Will probably be adding the pedals to my X52 in Spring 2011 if all goes as planned. Only thing I wish I had was the Saitek Pro Flight System yoke & throttle quadrant for general aviation, etc. in FSX.

Turbinator

Reaction score
Will probably be adding the pedals to my X52 in Spring 2011 if all goes as planned. Only thing I wish I had was the Saitek Pro Flight System yoke & throttle quadrant for general aviation, etc. in FSX.

Saw that, in Futureshop (Canada's BestBuy) for $80 in open box (the box looks abused) about 2 weeks ago. It's still there.
Ohhh, how I wish I could buy that right now. I felt the yoke it feels just right.

yoke.jpg

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
O-F Headquarters:
[pic]
Aww, where'd that giant TV go? :lol:

Nice racing setup, though. Reminds me of my uncle's. Of course, I told him "that wheel takes you around a racetrack, and this keyboard takes me around Mars." :cool:

But...now I'm wondering how it'd go if I tried hooking up three racing pedals to main, retro and hover thrusters...maybe a steering wheel to yaw control...:hmm:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
@Tex: OMG! This is where the magic happens!
The local and GMT analogue wall clocks are just epic, that chair is quite fitting for the mighty founder of O-F. :hail:
And the desk is so clean, how do you get anything done with such a clean desk? :lol:
Izack said:
But...now I'm wondering how it'd go if I tried hooking up three racing pedals to main, retro and hover thrusters...maybe a steering wheel to yaw control...:hmm:
This reminds me of the time I tried to play Touhou Youyoumu (PCB) with a DDR dance pad...:facepalm:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Aww, where'd that giant TV go? :lol:

Its still there, to the left...

DSCN3827.jpg

Its primarily used for cable TV, however the computer is hooked up to it as well so I can play games on it if I like or watch videos from the computer.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It's like the Captain's chair. Very apt. :)

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
as the seagulls made famous by Pixar would say: MINE, MINE, MINE....

picture.php

WHOA!!! Now that's an impressive battle station. :lol: :thumbup:

Here be mine:
battlestations.jpg

Notable landmarks: Coffee cup on left. Caps lock keys detatched and on upper shelf. Huge old CRT monitor I keep meaning to replace in centre.

One of those PCs is a server, one is my gaming rig. You get to guess which is which. ;)

Well... Look at that dinosaur! :lol: No offense. :)

O-F Headquarters:

DSCN3829.jpg

"O-F Headquarters", It looks the part. :lol: All hail the awesome O-F founder! :hail: But don't forget to :hail::probe: too! :lol:

I'll have a picture of my battle station up soon. ;)

Last edited:

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Well... Look at that dinosaur! :lol: No offense. :)

Hehe. The monitor's old, the rigs are not, I can assure you. Though I do have a 386 and a 333 around here somewhere...

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Except that they aren't at the minute, because we're on BST right now, which is GMT + 1.

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll have a picture of my battle station up soon. ;)
As said, here's my "battle station" :lol:
DSC01068.jpg

Notable Items:
-Gundams on top shelf. From left to right, Strike Freedom, 00-Raiser, and Infinite Justice (Google them if you want to know what gundams are :))
-HP TouchSmart tm2 2050CA (Google it for stats ;)) on the table, on the right side. I use it mainly for schoolwork, internet surfing, and addon development (Digitizer Pens are awesome :)). MY PRECIOUS!!! :lol:
-Under the table, on the right, my main tower (stats on it are in my profile page ;)). I use it for gaming :) It's actually an old school computer that I rebuilt with the spare parts I had. :)
-The white tower on the bottom left is a Pentium 3, my "test" computer; currently a NAS server. In the center, my 2 joysticks (I use the one on the top, the one on the bottom isn't as accurate). I don't have them out cause I haven't been playing orbiter for awhile. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
-Gundams on top shelf. From left to right, Strike Freedom, 00-Raiser, and Infinite Justice (Google them if you want to know what gundams are :))
Blech. Two words: SIEG ZEON. That is all.

100826223247.jpg

(Image quality is crap :facepalm:)
Black Tristars, by the way. Part of the Zeonography series, and I'm quite lucky to have gotten them. When I have a battlestation (maybe next year), they will be on it. For now, my piano will have to suffice.

Last edited:

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Blech. Two words: SIEG ZEON. That is all.

{image}
(Image quality is crap :facepalm:)
Black Tristars, by the way. Part of the Zeonography series, and I'm quite lucky to have gotten them. When I have a battlestation (maybe next year), they will be on it. For now, my piano will have to suffice.
YES!!! Finally! Someone on O-F that knows what gundams are!!! :lol: