Programming Question Ship at 90degrees, no textures?

MartyMan

Reaction score
I have managed to somehow make my ship load in orbiter, only it is at 90 degrees and has no textures whatsoever, only black. I was using the config from pbshuttle. It's module is spacecraft 3. Some parts of the ship are missing I think.

As you may have guessed I have no idea what I am doing, can someone please have a look at the files and tell me whats wrong.

Another thing, I did not know how to get the textures from .skp, when I converted the .skp to .3ds it gave me three jpgs, I converted them to .bmp and then to .dds and shoved them into the textures folder.

Also, does anyone know of a sketchup to orbiter tutorial? It would be really helpfull.

Thanks,

Marty

Attachments

• Ship.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Your textures are not mapped to the model, and you don't have it positioned correctly for Orbiter's coordinates. Also you need to put the .ini file in config/spacecraft folder. As far as the converter, you can save the model as .3ds from Sketchup, then AC3D can convert it to .msh

MartyMan

Reaction score
but how do I map them to the model? Can anim8or help?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't use anim8or, so I can't help you with that. AC3D is a good mapping tool.

MartyMan

Reaction score
so if I get AC3d, import the model, what do I do then? Is it simple or complicated?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's not that complicated, pretty simple with alittle help.