Poll Sex Education

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
QFT -- a lot of students have misconceptions about what sex is and what it will do for them.

I could now repeat the wise words of our oldest apprentice (he was 34) about sex, but this would likely stress the definition of family friendliness in this forum too much. :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
O-F is a family-friendly forum, and there have been problems in the past with certain members' access being blocked due to certain words being present on the page.

nothing's more family friendly than sex, right? :p

seriously, I understand the meassure. It's just that it often helps the kids when things are called by their actual names instead of some akward construction around it.

RocketMan_Len

Reaction score
1. Are you a registered voter?

Yes. (In Canada, in case that matters...)

2. Should sexual education classes be required for graduation from public high schools?

It should be a required course, but only as an 'awareness' exercise - not necessarily as a pass-or-fail, diploma-is-dependent-on-passing requirement. (Although it may be optional to make it so, if attendance is poor...)

3. Should sexual education classes be taught in public schools as early as middle school (grades 6 to 8)?

Since young people are exposed to sexuality at an earlier age, I see no reason why it should not be introduced at this stage...

4. If sexual education classes are required, should they cover the emotional aspect of sex (in addition to the biological)?

Of course, since it's part of the package...

5. If sexual education classes are required, should methods for protected sex (such as condom usage) be taught in addition to abstinence?

ABSOLUTELY!!! Not only for the contraceptive aspect, but the prevention of STDs as well.

(Hope you weren't looking for simple Yes/No answers... :lol: )

Vanguard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Anyway, one teen mom why she did it and her response was, "I just wanted someone to love me for who I am." This unfortunately is not unusual, This is a common response from teen moms.

Hate to break it to ya kid, but ya might as well just strip the word teen right out of that sentence and there's your crystal ball for the future. Unfortunetly this is a common response from women in general, not teen moms :lol:

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Hate to break it to ya kid, but ya might as well just strip the word teen right out of that sentence and there's your crystal ball for the future. Unfortunetly this is a common response from women in general, not teen moms :lol:

I take offense at that. I have never met a woman who had a child just to feel loved. So either you dont know many women and base your ideas on media or you meet all the wrong kinds of women.

vonneuman

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just telling you what I saw. It is not about responsible high schoolers having sex for know reason. There are deeper emotional needs that maybe sex ed classes can't address.