OHM Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: nicker43

Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5

***Should fix the MSVCRT90D.DLL error now

***Due to DLL dependencies, this is now an install package.  Make sure to set the install location to the Orbiter directory.  This should resolve the issues with Orbiter not being able to load the module.

My first add-on, this MFD attempts to simulate travel at close to light speed.  You can now explore the solar system in seconds!   Now you can really Go Play in Space!

Features:

• Automatically target any planet, moon, vessel, or base
  • Fully automated navigation
  • User selectable stopping distance from target
  • Warp vessels by remote control
  • Automatically match speed with target
  • External time dilation
  • External field animation
  • Visual aberration
  • Audio callouts
  • HUD data display
  • Uses ship’s main fuel
  • Multiple Instances
  VERSION 1.5
Multiple instances
Remote Control of vessels
New vessel orientation code
Uses ship fuel
Selectable speed matching

VERSION 1.1
Fixes bug with changing views or panels
Added revision in title
Shortened callouts
Added 2 second break between callouts to prevent them from stepping on each other

VERSION 1.0 INITAL RELEASE

DOWNLOAD

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hmm... I downloaded it, selected it from the list of modules, but its not showing up in my vessel's MFDs (DGIV)

nicker43

Reaction score
Ohh this sounds good.

Does that mean we need UCGO?

Yes, although this can be turned off in the config file to allow free travel with any vessel.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Hmm... I downloaded it, selected it from the list of modules, but its not showing up in my vessel's MFDs (DGIV)

Is it only with the DGIV? Have you tried it with any other vessel?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was getting ready to complain how we don't need another warp drive, but then I used the thing and it was really cool! I doubt I'll use it overmuch, but I'll be playing around with this. Thanks!

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
EXCELLENT !!!!!
Only issue I have is when selecting a planet as your target it doesn't put you in orbit around the planet but rather on a collision course with the center of the planet.

iceman2000mv

Reaction score
Please explain in detail how to load fuel for the warp. I'm new to UCGO so i don't really know how to do that. Thank you so much.
P.S. Great work.:thumbup:

nicker43

Reaction score
EXCELLENT !!!!!
Only issue I have is when selecting a planet as your target it doesn't put you in orbit around the planet but rather on a collision course with the center of the planet.

It would have been really complicated to have it compute an orbit trajectory as well (at least for me). I use it to stop a good distance from the planet, then use other MFDs to do orbit insertion maneuvers.

iceman2000mv

Reaction score
Please explain in detail how to load fuel for the warp. I'm new to UCGO so i don't really know how to do that. Thank you so much.

Please somebody help. I've been waiting for something like this for such a long time. Thank you again.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
EXCELLENT !!!!!
I would simply use an overpowered ship for it. Hey, if it has a warp drive on board, it should have crazy conventional drives to go with it. If you use the Arrow, try going into its config file and give the engines some extra oumph. Otherwise...make sure you stop far away from the planet/moon unless you like pancakes. :thumbup:
Added post:
Bug report: The default Atlantis' virtual cockpit does not like this MFD: it will completely stop working if you enter it. No CTD, but the acceleration/ETE/Gamma display freezes and the craft stops moving. If this happens during orientation, the RCS thrusters currently in use will fire off continuously until you have a wacky and very fatal rotation.

Last edited:

iceman2000mv

Reaction score
Sorry about the posts. I got it to work for every vessel from the config file. It looks even better than I thought.:thumbup::tiphat:

nicker43

Reaction score

I've mostly done testing with the XR series and the Arrow. I just realized that UCGO uses a completely different cargo method than just attachments. I will fix this and get out a new version.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

I would simply use an overpowered ship for it. Hey, if it has a warp drive on board, it should have crazy conventional drives to go with it. If you use the Arrow, try going into its config file and give the engines some extra oumph. Otherwise...make sure you stop far away from the planet/moon unless you like pancakes. :thumbup:
Added post:
Bug report: The default Atlantis' virtual cockpit does not like this MFD: it will completely stop working if you enter it. No CTD, but the acceleration/ETE/Gamma display freezes and the craft stops moving. If this happens during orientation, the RCS thrusters currently in use will fire off continuously until you have a wacky and very fatal rotation.

A warp drive on the space shuttle? :) I'll see what I can do.

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, just fantastic, it would exprimentar as a trip to the speed of light

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I tracked down the source of the problem: changing views that change the state of MFDs. It loses control of the craft and resets to its default IDLE mode. It can be reengaged, but the acceleration/gamma display will overlap an artefact of the old one.
Essentially, follow common sense: DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN WE'RE GOING THIS FAST!! :thumbup:

scurvydog00

Reaction score
I made sure the MFD was active in modules but it won't show up in my MFD's. Tested with DGIV and stock DG.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
EXCELLENT !!!!!

I'm usually very wary of requesting feature for add-ons because I couldn't do it myself and I'm grateful for the great job developers do with them, but this feature is very cool and if possible, I think it would be even better with the ability of selecting an offset aiming point so that instead of aiming for the center of mass of the body, you shoot for a point in space where you can be captured by the body's gravity and do a conventional insertion burn. Of course, you would need to calculate the best relative velocity prior to warping, but that's the beauty of the challenge.

RKSNIK

Reaction score
MFD not showing

Hi there, I'm getting the same issue, Module showing and activated on home PC but not showing in MFD list, funny thing is work PC does not have the same issue, Home PC is Vista Home Premium, Work PC is XP. Any ideas???