Search Realistic rocket/spacecraft with the most fuel

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
Um,
what is the spacecraft with the most fuel? (mod of course)
also, when you post it, id like the spacecraft to be realistic EG: No uss enterprise thats just un-real :lol:
sorry for noob question :facepalm:

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Do you mean most fuel or most delta-v? A spacecraft can have a lot of fuel, but it can't go very far if the rest of structure is too heavy.

The answer for "most fuel" is probably Saturn V, N1 or Energia. If you exclude launchers, the spacecraft with most fuel is the Apollo CSM, AFAIK.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Space Shuttle had more propellant mass than Apollo CSM AFAIR. But much less Delta-V.

The important value for maneuvers is Delta-V or DV. The DV of a mission is (mostly) independent of the spacecraft flying it, it depends only on the trajectory (if you have really long burn times, etc, you will need more DV sometimes because of gravity losses, but that is rarely a problem).

The add-on with spacecraft which are pretty realistic but still having useful DV that I recommend is World of 2001.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The difference of fuel mass must be around 1000 kg to STS orbiter if the data i found is correct.

Yeah, I thought it had been 1000 kg in the opposite direction.

Of course, the data also includes hydrogen and oxygen for the fuel cells it seems, which then makes the STS with even less fuel for the engines.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
No, you're right, actually the Shuttle had about 1000kg more propellant than the CSM. But I have no idea of how much fuel mass went to engines (most of that, I suppose).

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Anyway, this illustrates the difference between fuel mass and delta-v.

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
what is the spacecraft with the most fuel? (mod of course)
2 questions to make more clear how to rename the thread without scratching my head, and optionally whether to move it to another forum:
  1. Are you asking about just a spacecraft without launch vehicle, spacecraft + launch vehicle, or maybe just a launch vehicle without specified spacecraft?

2. Does "mod of course" mean that you search only for add-ons excluding the vessels in the base Orbiter package?
Bonus question, already asked, if you weren't sure what you asked about: most fuel or most delta-v, or maybe both?

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
2 questions to make more clear how to rename the thread without scratching my head, and optionally whether to move it to another forum:
  1. Are you asking about just a spacecraft without launch vehicle, spacecraft + launch vehicle, or maybe just a launch vehicle without specified spacecraft?

2. Does "mod of course" mean that you search only for add-ons excluding the vessels in the base Orbiter package?
Bonus question, already asked, if you weren't sure what you asked about: most fuel or most delta-v, or maybe both?

Bolth.
also yes i mean that i search only for addons excluding the vessels in the base package of orbiter, and bolth.