Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The steam version of Dwarf Fortress is now announced to be released on the 6th of December 2022.
Ohhhh... I guess Toady needs some cash to go buy christmass presents... :ROFLMAO:
I'll buy it anyways, but I'll have to see about what they did with the interface. I so hope playing it will stop feeling like using emacs...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ohhhh... I guess Toady needs some cash to go buy christmass presents... :ROFLMAO:
I'll buy it anyways, but I'll have to see about what they did with the interface. I so hope playing it will stop feeling like using emacs...

Well, the first previews look at least more like working with Cubase 2.0 on the Atari ST....

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Did you do any extra steps? I entered the page and tried to click on sdrpp_android but no results.
Maybe I need a GitHub account?
I checked. It seems that you need a github account (and be logged on), else the arifacts are not presented as links. (n)
Bad concept I think, but I doubt there's much you can do about it.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
If you still had dial-up in 2007, I do have to wonder where you live... :unsure:
In Monte Hermoso, Argentina of course.

Long story short, we got ADSL back in 2007 but it wasn't working properly and was horribly unstable. After much protest and complaining to our ISP, they offered us the "solution" of installing 56kB/s Dial-Up. That would be "temporary" until the service was improved. Improvement that came in 2012 with the installation of fiber optics and the incredible speed of 256kB/s. We only had decent internet in 2019 at 500kB/s and in 2021 at 900kB/s.

I remember when I wanted to download something "heavy" like Orbiter and it was 100MB and I had to wait two or three hours.

Marijn

Reaction score
Last weekend we welcomed our new dual seat high performance glider, Sierra Hotel, to our club. It's a Duo Discus XLT with some nice options. Isn't this aircraft just sheer beauty?

20221105_125700.jpg

20221105_125317.jpg

20221105_125337.jpg

20221105_130044.jpg

20221105_130135.jpg

20221105_130342.jpg

20221105_130111.jpg

A feature new to me are the 'flaps' which are extended when pulling the speed brakes. So these are for landing only.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Remembrance Sunday today. Commemorations all over the UK.
Here it is to mark the ending of World War One on the Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month of 1918.

Do other nations mark this?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Do other nations mark this?

11th of November, 11:11 (AM) is the traditional beginning of the carnival season in Germany. (Eleventh of the Eleventh), we have this tradition since the 18th century at least, its related to the traditions of St. Martins Day. Like in lent, there used to be a period of fasting for 40 days following St Martins Day and ending on christmas. For getting rid of all the food that can't be preserved during the fasting, people had large feasts and celebrations leading up to it.

Our equivalent "Volkstrauertag" (which is today) which is dedicated to all the victims of oppressive governments, not just the victims of WW1. Its always on the second sunday before advent.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
for Russia after 1933, the victory became more and more unconvincing

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
On FlighttRadar24 McDonnell Douglas A-4N Skyhawk C-FGZI, SKYHWK9 operated by Top Aces has popped up in the North Sea off
Newcastle-Upon Tyne. Heading SE now.

Is there an aircraft-carrier in the North Sea.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
On FlighttRadar24 McDonnell Douglas A-4N Skyhawk C-FGZI, SKYHWK9 operated by Top Aces has popped up in the North Sea off
Newcastle-Upon Tyne. Heading SE now.

Is there an aircraft-carrier in the North Sea.

Maybe. Or no SATCOM. ;)

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Its gone into Cuxhaven.
I've never seen an aircraft just pop up on Radar24, suppose technical problems can make it happen.

I live near Newcastle Airport 25 approach on the coast and often have Radar24 on a screen watching the local area. Esbjerg is nearly due east and the standard view is about halfway to the airport.

Are there any carriers that can support A4 these days?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Its gone into Cuxhaven.
I've never seen an aircraft just pop up on Radar24, suppose technical problems can make it happen.

I live near Newcastle Airport 25 approach on the coast and often have Radar24 on a screen watching the local area. Esbjerg is nearly due east and the standard view is about halfway to the airport.

Are there any carriers that can support A4 these days?

Technically, any US supercarrier should still be able to operate a Skyhawk. But most planes are then older than the pilots flying it....

But practically, it might be related to the fact, that the Top Aces company moved their operations from Witmund to Nordholz, near Cuxhaven, including two A4 Skyhawks.