Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I never really wanted to see a wheel from that perspective.... but its interesting, you can even see how the axle is balancing on the rails.

But seriously: Would you fall asleep by that sound? If yes, I am deeply concerned.... ;) (And pray to the dead mans switch)

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I can imagine that wet leaves in the autumn can be a real problem.

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Would you fall asleep by that sound? If yes, I am deeply concerned.... ;) (And pray to the dead mans switch)
Well, what should I say? I am used to those sounds 😜 (Never had issues with the dead mans switch even while falling asleep momentarily).

steph

Reaction score
Speaking of overheating cars...had an incident way back, before the era of smartphones etc. Freshly bought used car, and I wanted to go on a roadtrip to Montenegro. All was well, except for a slight hiss. Went to the garage to get it checked out for the trip, told them about the hiss, and the mechanic goes 'well; this model has a pressurization system for the coolant, to allow for qiicker engine heating etc, and you hear the valve letting off air after the motor stops. He was wrong, but who was I to disagree?
So; I drive like 2000km without any issues, and on a coastal scenic road in Montenegro, at quite some altitude, it overheats. Had no mobile internet back then , but I did have a guide book in english for the country.
I call a tow&repair service, and some big balkan guy shows up. I tell him in English what's wrong, he takes one look at the motor, rips the hose and expansion vessel clean off the vehicle and goes 'motor kaput. Not safe'🤣. So, he gets the car on the truck and gestures me to climb in the car (truck cab was full of stuff). I like flying, but I do have a fear of heights. Seeing the canyons and valleys there from the back of a beaten up tow truck, so high up that I couldn't even see the railing when I looked out the window was quite the unnerving experience.

So, we end up at his garage, he works for like an hour on it and I get to see the 'masterpiece'. He used a paste to glue together the expansion vessel and hose etc, for the price of 200 euros😂. I left , with a reminder from him that I shouldn't 'stress' the car too much😂.

I think the craxk was really tiny. I might have gotten away with just replenishing the coolant from time to time. That paste started to give and crack in a few weeks, so I still had to take it to the 'normal' repair garage.

Had a very similar issue a year later, hissing and all that. It was a small hose that had cracked on one end. Mechanic literally cut the cracked area, stretched the hose a bit and attached it to the vessel again. Literally a 5 minute job

Last edited:

Marijn

Reaction score
Clifford Stump took part in the liberation of The Netherlands and now returns again at the age of 98.

78 years later, the memories are still vivid. The group is shrinking, but this year too, British and American veterans are touring the Netherlands to meet, commemorate and remember.

Born in Adel (Iowa) in 1924, he is one of the youngest surviving veterans still alive. As a 20 year old paratrooper of the 82nd Airborne, he was dropped behind enemy lines and fought in several historic battles, including D-Day in Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium, operation Market Garden in The Netherlands and the final campaign in Germany.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Two RAF Boeing Poseidon MRA1, GURNY02, GURNY03 doing approaches to Newcastle Airport NE England on Flightradar24.

Not uncommon for NATO aircraft to do this, I have never seen two together before?

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
I had an idea to make a seagull on a ship for gameplay (the seagull could be controlled)
pterosaur migration paths passed through the entire planet (trip around the world)
pteranodon_young_by_zdenek_burian_1960.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I am torn.

Is "Susie" the most stupid or the greatest name possible for a reusable manned capsule (Which Arianespace presented today as payload for the Ariane 6)?

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
You should make Hawk's ship Warhawk from Buck Rogers:

Thanks for the idea. I like ships shaped like birds.
Unfortunately I am still unable to apply textures to my meshes. As far as I know the UV map of my Blender models is not being exported to MSH. When I investigate more and have more information I will open a thread dedicated to solving this problem.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was too tired to do anything, so I started watching "a tale dark and grim" on Netflix, not expecting much of anything. I generally don't like modern "fairy tale reinterpretation mashup parodies", which is exactly what this appeared to be. And it is, in a way, but in an unexpected twist it actually seems to understand its source material. And while it does cook it all up into a stew of its own making, it throws in all the spice that made the originals successful.
In other words, the show might look cute, but the brutality and absurdity, and general mechanical tropes, of a Grim fairy tale are still in there in spades. Not visually explicit, the show switches to more abstract lineart when things get gory, but I'm not at all sure if that actually helps on an emotional level. I'm not sure how old your kid has to be to stomach this, to be honest. Depends a lot on the kid I guess.
Me personally, I'm having a blast with this weird mix of kids adventure and dark absurdist comedy. I might be weird, but I just love a horse called Jehorseaphat, and a devil that keeps coming up with malaproprisms and uses "Statistics!" as a swearword...

Marijn

Reaction score
Our new flagship under construction at Schempp-Hirth Flugzeugbau in Germany. We did choose for the proven concept of a
combustion engine (which folds out of the fuselage). We may sell it in the future when FES (Front Electric Sustainer) become available for this type.

PH1671.jpeg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The police videos of the 2021 Ahrtal flooding had been published today (after censoring them for protecting the privacy of inhabitants). Sure no hurricane, but thats a one in 100 years event of flooding with torrents of rainfall over a large region becoming concentrated inside a narrow valley. The videos all show the state at the time between 22:14 and 22:42