Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Saw a glaring error on the product label. ‘frompples’ should’ve been ‘from apples’. If that error was missed in quality, what does that say about the product?

Had discovered the same kind of error on a bottle of mouth wash, where antibacterial was written wrong... it really wasn't that good. The details really count.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you think 2021 had just a bad start.... well, the year really works hard to stay memorable: There are plausible signs of increasing nuclear chain reactions in the corium deposits below the reactor.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
... and today's "Most Weird Thing Found On The Internet" award goes to:

french-astronaut-patrick-baudry-in-his-slippers-in-the-french-colors-picture-id543867922

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As the article indicates, need to fill the space with boron to shut down the reactivity.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
@Urwumpe: Get out the hot dogs and marshmallows to go with the apple spirits.:cool:

Well, two out of three ain't bad. But I prefer Somersby Sparkling Cider currently, if I drink alcohol at all.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the title "Colonial Pipeline" that has been in the news recently/ Would have thought use of "Colonial" would be historically deprecated?

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the title "Colonial Pipeline" that has been in the news recently/ Would have thought use of "Colonial" would be historically deprecated?

Because we fought a war to stop being colonies?

Nah. We liked being colonies that the crown didn't pay much attention to. We got attached to the freedoms we'd had when Britain didn't yet have the administrative reach to interfere much (or was busy with the whole affair of decapitating its king, then deciding it wanted his son back), and when parliament started actually trying to govern us, we decided that we liked the "rights of Englishmen" better than we liked being Englishmen.

"Colonial" harkens back to the glorious past when Americans were frontiersmen. When men were real men, women were real women, and furry green creatures from α Centauri were real furry green creatures from α Centauri.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
So you wanted all the benefits, sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health.
Didn't want to pay the taxes though?

Kyle_E

Begining Double Bassist
Reaction score
Sorta, but we made those ourselves. For the most part the only interest England took in the colonies was to regulate trade. Of course that all changed after the Seven Years War.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
No Monty Python fans? I'm getting old...

Re the question, I think I've heard "Colonial Era" furniture? Also architectural style. Not related to a pipeline though, just sounded odd.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Nah, we just wanted to send representatives to Parliament to help rape us. Now we call ‘em Congress.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
... and today's "Most Weird Thing Found On The Internet" award goes to:

french-astronaut-patrick-baudry-in-his-slippers-in-the-french-colors-picture-id543867922
Wow! I thought that only people on Earth will do something like this for rest.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Wow! I thought that only people on Earth will do something like this for rest.

Its still on Earth - if you look at the CRT display, it shows a prelaunch/ascent screen, while the boots on the window ejection handle clearly proves that the shuttle cockpit is still horizontal, not vertical on a launch pad. So, it must be inside a simulator.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Its still on Earth - if you look at the CRT display, it shows a prelaunch/ascent screen, while the boots on the window ejection handle clearly proves that the shuttle cockpit is still horizontal, not vertical on a launch pad. So, it must be inside a simulator.
It is a simulator, most likely the Full Fuselage Trainer (FFT), inside JSC Bldg 9, the Space Vehicle Mock Up Facility (SVMF).

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Uh.... NASA TV really makes me nervous when there is no live broadcast but just some random stuff. It is like advertising pharmaceutical products or laboratory technology, mostly with a female narrator that either sounds like a girlie or like a South American police officer with a very terrible accent. Jesus! That was like a ten minute mix of sheer ADHD and commercial TV ? ☠️

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
It is a simulator, most likely the Full Fuselage Trainer (FFT), inside JSC Bldg 9, the Space Vehicle Mock Up Facility (SVMF).
Already a quick look through the windows immediately shows that this is the mockup facility in Houston + the flight deck never looks that tidy during a mission. No cue cards, no checklists, no flight plans, no cables, no clamps, no pens, no 4-event timers etc. ?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A bit of a click-baity title, but a seriously interesting read: