Humor Random Comments Thread

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Moderns guns easily fire two 75mm shells in a second, so I'd say some military tests probably went above that count.

And RIP Philip, and a lot of respect for someone that knew to stand back and never tried to be on the front scene. A true english gentleman and naval officer that had a long and busy life. :salute:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The Queen and Philip will probably be the last generation to get respect from most of the population. The rest, with a few exceptions are turning into a soap-opera.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Queen and Philip will probably be the last generation to get respect from most of the population. The rest, with a few exceptions are turning into a soap-opera.

I don't think so. The Prince of Wales maybe has earned himself a bad reputation, but I am sure, William & Kate could also do the job well. I mean, if you could elect your king or queen, they would likely win any election against the current generation of british politicians.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
William and Kate have gone for the bland option. So they should as they are in line.
Charlie lost a lot when his affair with Cammila came out after Diana's death.
Harry thinks he's the Duke of Windsor, and as for Andrew...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
William and Kate have gone for the bland option. So they should as they are in line.
Charlie lost a lot when his affair with Cammila came out after Diana's death.
Harry thinks he's the Duke of Windsor, and as for Andrew...

Well, the main problem I have with the british royality is simple: You can actually have many great people around there - which are only great if they get the necessary freedom for being decent humans. With all the rules and restrictions and expectations of being part of the core royal family, all those traditions... not at all. Just look at the really honest idea of the Invictus Games from Harry - I doubt any other royal would ever got this idea or would have had the needed "street credibility" in the army to promote it. Or even promote it so well, that German cities now apply to host it (and not the earlier US Warrior Games, which never got so famous)

William and Kate would thus really be the most boring option, the most streamlined product. And we both know: England can't do boring politics.

But well, I think actually that all those weird turns and experiences made Harry the better qualified person to be king consort. Sadly we can't marry Harry to William, Kate is lacks the necessary amount of a sinful life. All those rules and traditions simply prevent any good solution.

Damn, I really hope Elisabeth II lives on for a few more years.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Harry was getting a lot of credit for his charity work and he seemed quite dedicated to it. Now he's seen as a waster who wants to live the Hollywood life.

Who knows what's true?

I know one thing, I wouldn't to be in any of their shoes. There is something about that institution that can send you mad..

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I know one thing, I wouldn't to be in any of their shoes. There is something about that institution that can send you mad..

I can fully agree to this last sentence.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Harry was getting a lot of credit for his charity work and he seemed quite dedicated to it. Now he's seen as a waster who wants to live the Hollywood life.
"Was getting a lot of credit for his charity work" is about the number one indicator for a Hollywood type. Advertise your charity work, look good for the cameras. Let your left hand know, loudly, what your right hand is doing. :-/

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
He's burnt his boats regarding the UK, media(known for impartiality and truthfulness) here has set against him.
I suppose he'll have to come here for his Grandfathers funeral on Saturday.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

That's the victorian era in all its splendor. Notorious for the insane amount of social rules. Cradle of psychanalysis and therapy !

I highly recommend Sigmund Freud's Five lectures on psychoanalysis, short read and no abstract stuff, many examples on the cases he had in Vienna. A key for understanding that era and the social/symbolic context.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@n72.75: Or if you had a scanner with decent OCR, you could always scan it to Google Translate, see how it does.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
William and Kate would thus really be the most boring option, the most streamlined product. And we both know: England can't do boring politics.
The boring part would be made up by Boris Johnson's hair.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Urwumpe, thought there may be more because of the Ukraine activity, though it seems to have calmed down on our news.

I used to live close to the Spadeadam Electronic Warfare range in NW England and we got llots of fast jets coming through.
Bit quiter here on the coast, so this one is unusual. Its still going round!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thanks Urwumpe, thought there may be more because of the Ukraine activity, though it seems to have calmed down on our news.

I used to live close to the Spadeadam Electronic Warfare range in NW England and we got llots of fast jets coming through.
Bit quiter here on the coast, so this one is unusual. Its still going round!

The Ukraine is likely one detail there. But as somebody smart already said: "If Russia would prepare for a war that publicly, it would be the most stupid preparation of war in history."

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Its more like they are giving Russian citizenship to people in Dombass and point their tanks guns in a "don't try anything stupid guys" posture. Still quite a nasty landgrab, there's little Ukraine or the international community can do.

USA are sending two warships in Black Sea as a military response.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Its more like they are giving Russian citizenship to people in Dombass and point their tanks guns in a "don't try anything stupid guys" posture. Still quite a nasty landgrab, there's little Ukraine or the international community can do.

USA are sending two warships in Black Sea as a military response.

Well, they do it for a while now and it only helps diluting the Russian citizenship. Generally, Putin maneuvered Russia in a poor position there in 2014 because the damn Ukraine did not collapse.... And then there is also Syria, where Russia still has to stand around and show flag...

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
we will have to wave the flag in many places, because there are no other flags there anymore

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
we will have to wave the flag in many places, because there are no other flags there anymore

Well, there is always a red one with some stars around, when the others are busy... ;)