Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now I know how the NASA engineers must have felt when Kennedy said "before this decade is out".... Can we do this? Yes. We have to. :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Your boss made wild promises? :lol:

Worse... the customer makes hostile demands. My boss is usually the one who works longer and harder than we developers do.... But now we should do about three weeks of work in 8 days...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Right there with you in my current project.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
WBN unit 2 is in mode 3. We've done a lot of work after the "small disruption" that was the main bank transformer "post ignition".

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Random question - who here have seen much of Doctor Who?
Which are you favorite episodes, which ones would you recommend?

The show is way too long for my archive anxiety to even contemplate watching in any bulk quantity, but i've seen a couple of good episodes (Waters of Mars, and the one with Vincent van Gogh), and am hunting for more of them.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Demon's Run is a fantastic episode. Very spoiler heavy for the 11th Doctor, but one of the best. If you'd rather a slightly shorter foray into DW, the spin off Torchwood is quite good as well.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

The show is way too long for my archive anxiety to even contemplate watching in any bulk quantity, but i've seen a couple of good episodes (Waters of Mars, and the one with Vincent van Gogh), and am hunting for more of them.

I binge-watched the entire modern version of the show, from c.2006 to present over the course of a few months.

It's hard to pick a favorite episode; I have favorite characters mostly.

But I think the best episode I saw was from the last season, 2015-ish. It's somewhat near the end of the season, where the Doctor is imprisoned on a strange island inside a giant castle with walls that shift periodically.

At first it was just a good creepy episode, but as you go along it gets a lot better.

So maybe start with the last season to see that episode in context.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Nice! How goes this race against the sun, by the way?

It was just a stroke of luck to be in a crater on a planet at more or less the right moment, since E:D has properly rotating/orbiting planets.

the recording from which that gif was extracted.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Vincent was a very good episode, it's a favorite of both mine and the kiddo. The Rings of Akhatan has some good stuff. Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways are both very good; Angels take Manhattan made kiddo and the wife cry, as did Doomsday. I have a soft spot for The Girl in the Fireplace (mainly because of Sofia Miles). School Reunion (because of Sara Jane and K9).

Stolen Earth/Journey's End has most (if not all) the key players. But you would need to watch the The Christmas Invasion to know where that hand came from.

There really isn't an "essential" list of episodes. There's been more than one piece of dialog in the modern series that refers back to something from 30-40 years ago.

The 50th anniversary special is very good. Can't forget the War Doctor!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Growing up I never watched Dr. Who. Now that I've watched the modern series I want to dive into the vintage shows a bit, but I don't know where to start, and word is that the BBC taped over some of the oldest episodes from the 60s so they are lost.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And now its official, we'll work on the weekend again. :dry: Hooray.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

If you start with 'Modern' Doctor Who, I recommend you don't skip Eccleston's Doctor. At the very least go back and watch his whole season later.

Almost all of David Tennant's episodes are good, with Blink being one of my absolute favorites.

The others have made some great suggestions as well. PC gave a very good list in particular.

APDAF

Reaction score
Blink is one of the best episodes ever of Dr Who

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And now its official, we'll work on the weekend again. :dry: Hooray.

Sucks, but I have school every saturday anyways, and tomorrow I'm having three exams... all on the same topic!

I'll be hand-drawing UML diagrams the entire day tomorrow :beathead:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I grew up with Dr Who, watched the very first episode with William Hartnell. Must have been 11 or 12 year old then. Tv was new and very influential, watched for years, Patrick Troughton was my favourite, had a sardonic, slightly grumpy attitude.
Grew out of it eventually of course, but watching the latest stuff, good production values, well written, good stories. A proper modern franchise.

N.