Humor Random Comments Thread

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
No issues on my side.

And to be clear, I think he meant slow as in the quantity of posts not slow as in long load times.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This forum goes through periods of slowness. As a member since the m6 days of 10 years ago, I think I can say the forum is in general not as busy as it was around 2007 or so. I was a moderator back then, though, and I made an effort to read every post in every thread, so maybe that skews my perception, but it definitely seemed to be more traffic.

There are a bunch of old forum members we never see anymore, guys who used to love to talk and debate stuff for page after page.

Greg Burch, Simonpro, etc. And then there were guys like flytandem, who was always posting crazy slingshot scenarios. computerex was a kid who would produce an addon within hours of someone mentioning it, I think he was banned or something but for a while he was very active. There was a guy from Latin America, Pablo Luna was his name maybe? Aenemazoso was another one...

It was a busier forum. Imagine a bunch of Urwumpes (and yes, he was there then, too, of course) all posting and arguing with each other constantly.

At least we still have Artlav and his mad scientist experiments. Guys like that make this a fun place to hang out still.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
And to be clear, I think he meant slow as in the quantity of posts not slow as in long load times.

Heh, negative on that too. I certainly prefer it to almost any of the various subreddits, space-centric or not. It's not as active as it was back when I joined, but I wouldn't say it's slow.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Greg Burch, Simonpro, etc. And then there were guys like flytandem, who was always posting crazy slingshot scenarios. computerex was a kid who would produce an addon within hours of someone mentioning it, I think he was banned or something but for a while he was very active. There was a guy from Latin America, Pablo Luna was his name maybe? Aenemazoso was another one...

I suspect life happened. Or they got older. And wiser. :rolleyes:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I suspect life happened. Or they got older. And wiser. :rolleyes:
You just made me realize that a couple months ago I past the point where I've known Orbiter for literally half of my life.

In a couple months more, I'm starting my first job in aerospace engineering.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You just made me realize that a couple months ago I past the point where I've known Orbiter for literally half of my life.

:lol: Don't laugh, I didn't realize it before last year, that I had been in the SSU team (now) for eight years (January 26, 2008 is the official birthday of the project)

That is longer than any employment I had so far and half as long as I am in my BattleTech chapter, the Phoenix Guard.

But no comparison to the 24 years, that I am VfL Wolfsburg supporter now...

Damn, do I feel old now.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
...re-institute beheading in the UK.

Yup, that should be the punishment for any "this is why we can't have nice things" crime.

Dad was a science teacher, he'd often talk about all the really cool (and safe) experiments that he and the students loved, but can't do any more because some nutcase somewhere once used a 5 molar solution instead of a 5 milimolar solution and blew someone's head off...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yup, that should be the punishment for any "this is why we can't have nice things" crime.

That is already teaching students how to brew moonshine in Germany. I just wait for somebody getting blind or worse because he never learned such a vital tradition skill in school. Of course it is illegal, don't mess with the monopoly (Which exists because of a law from 1922, but in 2017, the EU will give us our freedom back again. :rofl: )

Last edited:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him

Congratulations on the job! You know, barring a few absences, O-F has probably been one of the most consistent things of my life for the last 5 years or so...

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Sort of similar here: eight years ago I discovered orbiter, and barring any unforseen problems I should graduate in my master's in space engineering this year.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The wheather is so over-the-top bad right now, if it was a movie villain it would be wearing top-hat and monocle, and laughing manically while twirling its moustache :facepalm:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This forum goes through periods of slowness. As a member since the m6 days of 10 years ago, I think I can say the forum is in general not as busy as it was around 2007 or so. I was a moderator back then, though, and I made an effort to read every post in every thread, so maybe that skews my perception, but it definitely seemed to be more traffic.

There are a bunch of old forum members we never see anymore, guys who used to love to talk and debate stuff for page after page.

It was a busier forum. Imagine a bunch of Urwumpes (and yes, he was there then, too, of course) all posting and arguing with each other constantly.

At least we still have Artlav and his mad scientist experiments. Guys like that make this a fun place to hang out still.

I agree, it has definitely been more active in the past, especially when Greg Burch was involved in the 'discussions.' And the guy from Latin America, I believe that was ar81. I learned how to rendezvous and dock the Shuttle Fleet from his [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3988"]tutorial[/ame]. I think he also had a [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3640"]Spacecraft3 tutorial[/ame] that I learned the basics from.

Wasn't he from somewhere like Costa Rica, and always talking about how corrupt the government & finance sector was? I got the impression he was working close to that line of business in an office. I always wondered if maybe he'd 'said too much.'

**EDIT Pablo also gave us [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2740"]this invaluable gem[/ame].

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Also, this one of many
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2752"]Surface Tile calculator v5.0a[/ame]

If it hadn't been for that prog, I would never have made anything.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Wasn't he from somewhere like Costa Rica, and always talking about how corrupt the government & finance sector was? I got the impression he was working close to that line of business in an office. I always wondered if maybe he'd 'said too much.'

Not sure there, I remember that ar81 was a teacher there. Maybe something around both ends. Was a nice guy and very devoted, maybe a bit close to a commie.

I think he remained active for a while in the francophone forum, wasn't my kind of place, my French was too good to understand what they say about me and too bad to properly retribute. :lol:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mechanical computers still operating on Polish railways (switch on English subtitles)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Pretty :) Though correctly saying, it is an electro-mechanical computer. But still, I never expected to still see one of those in action. Here we at least managed to switch to DOS...

Unstung

Reaction score
This is how awful my procrastination has become:
cTCBl8D.png

I'd rather write that.