Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Depending on application, but especially in gaming, dual channel may yield very limited benefits.

On the other hand, having a single 8GB stick may make it easier to upgrade since, at least in my experience, using all four DIMM slots on a motherboard might not work (older Core 2 Duo E6400 PC refuses to boot with 2*512MB and 2*1GB DIMMs, while my current i5 750 works just fine with 2*2GB and 2*4GB).
Besides the general guideline of running dual-channel, I also based my advice on the fact that he doesn't seem likely to upgrade beyond 8GB. For most applications, it wouldn't make sense to go much beyond that without also upgrading the rest of the hardware.
I've somewhat got the issue you mentioned. I have 2x4GB but I would like to have 16GB but would rather not use all 4 RAM slots. However, it's very very difficult to actually need more than 8GB anyways. So far it happens from running very intense modpacks of Minecraft simultaneously with the server or else running massive fluid dynamics simulations in SolidWorks.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think it should be fine with the single 8GB for KSP. It's not like you're going to be running X-Plane 10 with the new UHD mesh, which recommends a minimum of 16GB but suggests 32GB to play it safe.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Gentlemen may prefer blonds, but not me...

kasumi_doa_volleyball_fight_anime_dead_or_hd-wallpaper-1556995.jpg

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I spent yesterday migrating from Kubuntu 12.04 LTS to OpenSUSE 13.2. And I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised...indeed, shocked and delighted:)

All the pernicious problems of 12.1 are gone. Everything is as easy to install as it was under the Debian package system, and it looks...well
picture.php

It's been a secret dream for of mine for a couple of years to have a solid, good-looking, good-performing OpenSUSE box:)

Any particular reason for wanting openSuse? I dont really see too many distinctions between distros so long as I can install packages without going insane.

But it has a good reputation with server minded people I hear.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Stackoverflow: A place where you ask for help with a coding problem, and get help with your orthography and grammar :shifty:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
...is that Tina Armstrong? :blink:

Kasumi. Her, Ada Wong and Aki Ross are my anima-babes. Points to Kasumi for being a red-head, but the other two would be better conversationalists.

Here she is with her more familiar costume...
Kasumi-dead-or-alive-32196958-2048-1830.jpg

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Any particular reason for wanting openSuse? I dont really see too many distinctions between distros so long as I can install packages without going insane.

But it has a good reputation with server minded people I hear.

Mostly I just like the style of it. And the change from the jungle-green theme to a sea-green theme is even better.

I always had nothing but trouble with previous OpenSUSEs. I've already told my horror stories about 12.1 in this thread, but it was the looks that made me keep giving it another chance...and the works under the hood that made me regret it every time:facepalm:

But 13.2 seems to have fixed all of the problems, and made things almost as out-of-the-box easy as the Ubuntu family.

I wouldn't know about the server thing...but I found networking in previous versions way too technical compared to Kubuntu and Mint.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Kasumi. Her, Ada Wong and Aki Ross are my anima-babes. Points to Kasumi for being a red-head, but the other two would be better conversationalists.

Here she is with her more familiar costume...
Kasumi-dead-or-alive-32196958-2048-1830.jpg
My current harem consists of Maya (of course)
tumblr_nnw0fcde5h1rne1ubo1_1280.png

Super Sonico
195791-anime-land-super-sonico.jpg

Haku
project_diva_yowane_haku_version_3_update_by_pianomanjojo-d57a8e4.png

and Gumi
AquamarineGumiArtHeader.jpg

So yeah, you kind of get an idea of how I like 'em from this:)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Miku will always be my favorite.

Jr7X4X6.jpg

(by 青柳アキラ)

2L9QrGb.jpg

(by かぼちゃ兎)
For sure Miku has her perks too (good Lordie, the caboose on that train:hitit:
And Miku was my first Vocaloid experience, so she'll always have a special place in my heart...but not in my harem;)

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Drawn?

Sorry guys, but I prefer them real :p
emilia-clarke-10144.jpg

01-alexandra-daddario-true-detective-620.jpg

And of course, the geekiest of them all
amyacker_1_3.jpg

(disclamer: totally not intended as a anime counter-argument :lol:)
Hey, nothing wrong with real girls either
ArianaGrande.jpg

1350326628_selena-gomez-290.jpg
6d79e944e908e75e0a2d626e2684526a.jpg

And who were those lovely girls you posted? That first one is Evangeline Lilly, yes?

Last edited: