Humor Random Comments Thread

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Personal update on my life, I won a $1,000 foundation scholarship today for my BA in Physics! It's small but every little bit helps.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A tornado has badly damaged a town with 7200 inhabitants in northern Germany yesterday evening, with some really bad damage in the center of the town.

EDIT: Small update about the Tornado damage: The damages focusses on the historic center of the town, with many old buildings that had been restored only years ago. There are 31 injuries, one of them so bad that she had to be sent to the hospital in Rostock. Among the lighter injured witnesses of the storm is the mayor of the town, whose office had been directly in the path of the Tornado - he was interviewed today and reported that he had found shelter below his desk after he was injured on his hand by a brick that flew through his window. The monetary damage is expected to be in the range of millions, mostly because of the historic buildings that had been damaged. Half of the citizens of the town is got property damage because of the storm. One quarter of the area of the town had been in the tornado path.

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fun fact about virtual properties of database models: They can produce errors that will only happen if you are NOT debugging. Kind of reminds me of something :rofl:

schrod.jpg

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of a lunar base I have been working on.

View from a landing pad:
jSVZeHE.png

View from above showing the layout and placeholder surface tile:
YIuScTB.png

View on approach to landing:
Ig0Ar0N.png

The place lights up like a Christmas tree at night:
CoBPzhJ.png

What do you guys think?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Fun fact about virtual properties of database models: They can produce errors that will only happen if you are NOT debugging. Kind of reminds me of something :rofl:
My Embedded Real-time Systems professor uses the term "Heisenbug".
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenbug"]Heisenbug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My Embedded Real-time Systems professor uses the term "Heisenbug".
Heisenbug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like words like that. A few others I recently learned:

Dopeler Effect: the tendency of stupid ideas to sound smarter when they come at you faster

Intaxication: the feeling of euphoria when your tax return check arrives, which passes once you realize it was yours to begin with

Inebrionics: A nonstandard form of American English spoken by individuals under the extreme influence of alcohol, usually indigenous to certain stretches of sidewalks and public establishments

eastroturf: The artificial grass in Easter baskets.

More here: http://www.unwords.com/

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
You know what really sucks? Buying a game for full price, and it being 33% off the next day...

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
we-need-to-go-deeper.jpg

(I have accidentally posted this in the Orbiter screenshot thread).

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Had a preliminary custody hearing today for the little 4 year old we are trying to get. The State needs another two weeks (for reasons unknown). Also her assigned lawyer wants to meet us. We had a pretty good conversation in the hallway after court, but he has to meet both parties that are trying to get custody.

Also the mom and dad are both definitely headed to jail, and that is more than likely the reason for the delay. The State wants to use the girl (Brooklyn) as a hammer against the parents. If someone gets custody, DCS closes the file and the State can't use her.

Met the dad, he's a, hmm, (looks around to see I'm not in the basement) a dirtbag. As soon as court was over he left in a puff of smoke, as did the mother's family (her name is Valerie). The rest of us huddled around the lawyers. Sad that Val's family abandoned her in the hallway, she feels like crap enough as it is. She's trying to get clean, but meth is a monster.

Anyway, the saga continues.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Had a preliminary custody hearing today for the little 4 year old we are trying to get. The State needs another two weeks (for reasons unknown). Also her assigned lawyer wants to meet us. We had a pretty good conversation in the hallway after court, but he has to meet both parties that are trying to get custody.

Also the mom and dad are both definitely headed to jail, and that is more than likely the reason for the delay. The State wants to use the girl (Brooklyn) as a hammer against the parents. If someone gets custody, DCS closes the file and the State can't use her.

Met the dad, he's a, hmm, (looks around to see I'm not in the basement) a dirtbag. As soon as court was over he left in a puff of smoke, as did the mother's family (her name is Valerie). The rest of us huddled around the lawyers. Sad that Val's family abandoned her in the hallway, she feels like crap enough as it is. She's trying to get clean, but meth is a monster.

Anyway, the saga continues.

I'm hoping you'll get the kid and provide her with life she deserves. You're doing most admirable thing in the world. Seeing people like you gives me hope for the future of humanity.

You're the man!

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Date format

Has anyone else noticed this on Orbit Hangar?

The top 2 entries for the 10 Ten Downloads this week.

What date were they added? (Rhetorical, BTW):lol::rofl:

OHM_Date_WTF_zpsiriofyax.png

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this on Orbit Hangar?

The top 2 entries for the 10 Ten Downloads this week.

What date were they added? (Rhetorical, BTW):lol::rofl:

OHM_Date_WTF_zpsiriofyax.png

Yep. I sent a message about it via the Email Administrator link.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Photobucket seems to be doing the same thing with deleted photos as Imageshack. A thing you can't even click:

mw7v7aR.png

and it feels like the cat adds insult to injury.