Humor Random Comments Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Look into the Motorola Moto G: despite not being owned by Google anymore, they appear to be very well made "mini Nexuses" at a better price point (180€ here, more or less) with reason to believe that they will receive updates when new Android releases come out (firmware updates have had a history of not being guaranteed at all especially on low and midrange devices). The Microsoft Lumia 535 (not Nokia anymore) from what I've seen I a very decent phone for the price (129€ here), while midrange offerings such as the 735 are sadly quite a bit more expensive than the Moto G. MS on the other hand has been very good at keeping their entire offering updated since WP8 came out a bit more than two years ago. There non-MS/Nokia Windows Phones but they're very, very few.

sitha241

Reaction score
I installed Cyanogenmod (a custom ROM) on my Galaxy S3,and that fixed most of the issues with the Samsung software.

Cyanogenmod gave me (near) infinite updates past the end of Samsung updates, pre-installed with root access, really nice tethering support that was absent in the Samsung ROM, and (seemingly) better performance and less battery darin.

True that :)

I have s4 and I did not root it or flashed it for nearly a year..then one day I was filming timelapse with it on my window on 9 floor and left it for 30 sec and wind blew it..It shattered then I had to replace whole screen and housing and then I rooted it and instaled cm 12 aka lolipop..it flyes now!

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Seconded: buy Samsung and reflash with a custom ROM.

General advice: before buying a smartphone / tablet check xda-developers and see if any good custom ROMs are available. Default software is usually packed with some crap.

NB Im typing this on the original Galaxy I9000.

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Definitely happy with my Xperia Z2. Awesome camera, good specs and it doesn't have the TouchWiz bull :censored: that Samsung has (did you know that they were making more and more adjustements to TouchWiz to allow for a seamless transition from Android to their full-on OS, Tinzel? Google acted before it was too late, but if they didn't, the last line of Galaxy would have not been running Android anymore ...).

Only problem is: Since I didn't buy from Sony directly, the bootloader (which allows kernels to be flashed, thus allowing installs of custom ROMs) is locked with no possibility of unlocking it. But I'm scouting XDA for an exploit, so maybe soon I'll have CM12 or AOSPA installed ...

MattBaker

Reaction score
The concept, the design, the people on it or the things they care about?

Regardless of which, all of it is a no, not just you.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you know if it's possible to make a planet which "releases" light?

You can give it an emissive texture, but it cannot illuminate other bodies. Light in Orbiter is global - always from the central star to the focused vessel.

http://blog.tweetsmarter.com/twitte...-tweets-retweets-replies-and-direct-messages/

It's not explaining THE most confusing thing about twitter. There are 12. 12.

Also, as part of the sign up process, it very creepily went through my e-mail contacts to find people that I "know" to follow on Twitter. For some reason that I will never understand, Justin Bieber was on that list. :rolleyes:

A few social media websites do that. Hell, even Skype added half a dozen former employers from my 'friend' list because of ancient emails.

It seems to be some complicated combination of people associated with your old accounts, things that Americans like, current trends, etc. For example, my Youtube feed keeps putting "Popular in Canada" crap in the middle of things I actually care about.

Last edited:

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
For example, my Youtube feed keeps putting "Popular in Canada" crap in the middle of things I actually care about.
Youtube puts "Popular in Poland" among other random stuff from things I watched recently if I open its main page (which I do rarely, only if the browser doesn't have Youtube added in the search bar), but not things I would actually care about. Well, maybe it's because I don't have an account. :p For things I care about I leave RSS feeds of specific channels and the search engine.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Dear cow-orkers:

When attempting to use the restroom, a circular error probable of 50 meters is completely unacceptable. Please improve your aim. [/rant]

Linguofreak

Reaction score
You work with Stormtroopers?

Apparently.

I don't think any of my direct coworkers are responsible, but I'm pretty sure a fair number of people in the same building are.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

To be fair to George Lucas, and to Obi-Wan, up to that point in the original trilogy, Stormtroopers had been fairly accurate (they trounced the rebels in the opening scenes and bullseyed Leia to stun her).

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I went and got a phone. An HTC Desire 320. Cheaper than most of the options, and not too large to fit in a pocket. Seems alright so far. Touch keyboard is weird to use. Oh well.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why??? Why would you do... that???

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The latest APOD is my favorite in months.
15618296264_21bc1e368e_o.jpg

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Poison-Look-What-the-Cat-Dragged-In.jpg

It's not glam metal (that's what the wiki page calls it), it's gender-ambiguous metal! AKA a good 68% of the 1980s.