Humor Random Comments Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
First time using cruise control: WTF?
second time using it: How did I ever drive without it?

New car... and a A-10C worthy manual to consume. The touch screen of the infotainment system is also for configuring the driver assistance systems... which means dozens of options for everything.

In my time we had a wall of buttons and no damn touchscreen...and we liked it!

But seriously, I'm no big fan of touchscreens proliferating on cars...some sort of tactile feedback is needed when driving and looking away from the road isn't the best option. Congrats on the new car, though! :cheers:

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
You guys have some seriously insane speedlimits in Russia... :blink:
km/h of course :embarrassed:
Too much space games, too little sleep.

However, every now and then someone here passes you at speeds that suggest he thinks it's actually km/s.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I would say I've driven 0.06 km/s before but somehow this number is really unimpressive.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In my time we had a wall of buttons and no damn touchscreen...and we liked it!

But seriously, I'm no big fan of touchscreens proliferating on cars...some sort of tactile feedback is needed when driving and looking away from the road isn't the best option. Congrats on the new car, though! :cheers:

Is also not meant for driving, the important stuff is all on the steering wheel, with all classic rocker switches, buttons and levers. :lol:

The only time you likely need to touch the touchscreen during driving is for cancelling traffic messages, by touching the big "cancel" button... and it has audio feedback, like common for smartphones as well.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
So, as usual when a new iDevice gets released, unfortunate things happen:
0sDXERO.jpg

But wait a moment...
44dC8Fh.jpg

Z5S4BoE.jpg

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Is also not meant for driving, the important stuff is all on the steering wheel, with all classic rocker switches, buttons and levers. :lol:

The only time you likely need to touch the touchscreen during driving is for cancelling traffic messages, by touching the big "cancel" button... and it has audio feedback, like common for smartphones as well.

"You missed the turn again. Jesus, how many times do I say: 'Turn left here.' hmm? Do you ever listen to me? Nope. God, you're as bad as my previous owner."

MattBaker

Reaction score
"You missed the turn again. Jesus, how many times do I say: 'Turn left here.' hmm? Do you ever listen to me? Nope. God, you're as bad as my previous owner."

"I don't remember having a wife...oh no, it's just my car."

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

No navigation system in my car. :thumbup:

I am a man: I don't get lost, I just explore unchartered places.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
Used a new external drive for the first time today. Plugged it in, transferred all my files to it, and reset my computer to factory standards.
Plugged it in again to check my files, and had a heart attack when they were all gone. Panicked a bit.
Finally calmed down, yanked (not eject; the option doesn't pop up for it) it out in absolute rage, and serendipitously plugged it back into a different USB plug. And the files were back. :whew:

Why Seagate, why?!?

SpaceEagle

GEP Reborn Project Manager
Reaction score
Today I realized that speaking a sentence is much more faster than writing it :dry:
Damn!!!

:cheers:, SpaceEagle

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Today I realized that speaking a sentence is much more faster than writing it :dry:
Damn!!!

:cheers:, SpaceEagle

Welcome to professional work-life communications. :lol: Phoning is always better than email, if possible.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Phoning is always better than email, if possible.

I think you got it wrong. Email is always better than phoning because you don't have to talk to people directly, have time for phrasing, don't have to show your voice and you have all interactions on record.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Used a new external drive for the first time today. Plugged it in, transferred all my files to it, and reset my computer to factory standards.
Plugged it in again to check my files, and had a heart attack when they were all gone. Panicked a bit.
Finally calmed down, yanked (not eject; the option doesn't pop up for it) it out in absolute rage, and serendipitously plugged it back into a different USB plug. And the files were back. :whew:

Why Seagate, why?!?

I never ever ever mess around with any system restore points, resets or anything like that. I only tried it once and regretted it.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

The starflight version is more appropriate for the image:

...to boldly blow up stuff where no one has blown stuff up before!