Reaction score
ARiqyo6.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I'm slowly getting the hang of X-Plane 10, and thanks to the vast repository of free photorealistic scenery I've made my first trye VFR flight in ages: Link to album.
Here's our (very approximate) route:
PycwxEO.png

Granted, the AI is horrid, so I've turned it off, but runways that aren't completely flat and good scenery, which enables true VFR flying have their advantages.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Got my ticket for the Amon Amarth/Sabaton Show tomorrow in Riverside. If I was any more pumped they'd install me in a hydraulic system.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The Dodgers won the division in a blowout over the Giants! 2014 NL West champions!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sweet Porsche getting some air :D

That's no Porsche.

V-Dub :thumbup:

Volkswagen Beetle R-Line (at least with R-Line front skirt) ... heavily modified.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Obligatory "OSX is safe and I can never run into trouble with it"-fallacy mention.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anyone know if this is really as bad (or worse) than Heartbleed like media is saying?

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/24/bash-shell-security-flaw/

The various patches are suggested to be urgent by their descriptions.

Very likely not as bad. "Shellshock" is a bad flaw, but unless you have a terribly botched Linux system, it should work fine. The worst scenario that I can find there is sneaking some code into all shell scripts executed by root.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

No Porsche. Porsche is now a part of the Volkswagen company, but a Volkswagen is no Porsche and a Porsche no Volkswagen in disguise (eg, using a Volkswagen platform and Volkswagen engines under a Porsche body).

Only the Type 1 of Volkswagen, the car called Beetle by the public, was designed by Ferdinand Porsche.

The later New Beetle and the current Volkswagen Beetle are pure Volkswagen cars, currently using the PQ35 (A5) platform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_A_platform#A5_.28PQ35.29

The only Porsche model that will have a common platform with a current Volkswagen will be the Porsche Macan, based on the MLB platform.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MLB_platform"]Volkswagen Group MLB platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Very likely not as bad. "Shellshock" is a bad flaw, but unless you have a terribly botched Linux system, it should work fine. The worst scenario that I can find there is sneaking some code into all shell scripts executed by root.

As best I understand, it allows statements after a bash environment variable declaration to be executed as root, without superuser access?

Maybe something like installing a package from an unchecked repo, which contains a shell script that runs something nasty like rm -rf /* (or something more subtle if the hacker isnt just an annoying troll).

Im not sure how this could affect a server, since I dont know much about how networking works, but wouldnt a potential hacker need login info to even start communicating remotely with a server through ssh or the like?

Rather disturbing news though.

Last edited: