Humor Random Comments Thread

MattBaker

Reaction score
I think I'm becoming Howard Wolowitz.

If you can sing a heartwarming song to your wife you might.

Halloween to me is like Christmas. Since we're not in the Basement everyone may interpret that as he wishes.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
This is BEFORE today's coronal mass ejection hits Earth.
http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=88601

BjAcrn-JAcrgensen-s_1310_3087_1383179742_lg.jpg

Many to come: http://spaceweathergallery.com/index.php?title=aurora&title2=lights

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Official spooky mod for Don't Starve:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JZKCxzdn-U"]The Screecher - Prepare Your Butts - Really Scary - YouTube[/ame]

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
If you can sing a heartwarming song to your wife you might.

Halloween to me is like Christmas. Since we're not in the Basement everyone may interpret that as he wishes.

Do I get a nurse too?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Sure thing but one in Germany.

A romanian man who can't really speak German but works here because no one wants to work that much for that few money.

Have fun.:cheers:

Ehhh...fine. Is he quiet?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I read Baxter's "Voyage" over the summer. Because I wasn't planning on reading his next novel, "Titan" (since I read a post by Cras saying that it was "pretty depressing"), I decided to spoil myself on Wikipedia. Voyage was a realistic and plausible-sounding alternate history novel. But the plot of this is just ridiculous! Especially the political plot, and the part about sending a space shuttle with an ion drive and repurposed Apollo capsules on a mission to the eponymous moon! How can you move a vessel weighing dozens of tons with those engines?

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It ain't legit if it ain't pulling a 10g turn around the Moon.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How can you move a vessel weighing dozens of tons with those engines?

Slowly but deliberately... The concept doesn't sound too plausible, but I wonder more about where the power for those engines is supposed to come from. If you have to refit the spaceshuttle with a powersupply for long-term life support and electric propulsion, a retooling of the ISS might actually be simpler (but I suppose it's not present in the alternate history scenario). But knowing Baxter, I would assume that he at least did the math for the thrust...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The main problem with Baxters plan was actually the week-long passage through the Van Allen belts - the astronauts would be already deadly radiation sick after a few days.

Even with a very very low acceleration, you can reach your goal. You need a higher DV than for a Hohmann Transfer, but the specific impulse more than offsets it.

teslax

Reaction score
Speaking about Halloween, does Orbiter have its own special-day where players celebrate anything related to Orbiter, space and beyond? :D

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Speaking about Halloween, does Orbiter have its own special-day where players celebrate anything related to Orbiter, space and beyond? :D

We have the traditional Probe Day, on 4th October. :hailprobe:

Axertan

Reaction score
This is the only probe you need. There may be other probes, but this probe is special. :hailprobe:

Well said. For the Probe is the One. The Bringer of Knowledge. The Seer of the Far Side. The Ascended One. :hailprobe: