Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Ok, random and somewhat odd question.

I had a Dell E510 in 06-07, and it came with a metric buttload of songs in WMP (fresh out of the box from Dell). I was wondering if I could find a list of those songs, as the computer itself is long gone. Ideas?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well said. For the Probe is the One. The Bringer of Knowledge. The Seer of the Far Side. The Ascended One. :hailprobe:

The one who freely returns with knowledge, shared for the benefit of all.

:hailprobe:

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Probe

This is the only probe you need. There may be other probes, but this probe is special. :hailprobe:

The probe which sees more deeply than any other. The one who reveals the unseen side of humanity. :hailprobe:

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The FAA is changing its policy to allow for the use of electronic devices on fights, from takeoff to landing, so long as you use your "airplane mode".
So far, Delta and JetBlue have announced plans to allow devices.
Other airlines may or may not be slow to get on board as they have to prove to the FAA that their aircraft can handle it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/travel/faa-portable-electronic-devices/

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wouldn't really care about the manga/anime "Attack on Titan" unless "Titan" was referring to Saturn's moon.

x08v.jpg

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The FAA is changing its policy to allow for the use of electronic devices on fights, from takeoff to landing, so long as you use your "airplane mode".
So far, Delta and JetBlue have announced plans to allow devices.
Other airlines may or may not be slow to get on board as they have to prove to the FAA that their aircraft can handle it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/travel/faa-portable-electronic-devices/

I'd heard this was coming soon. Even mentioned it to a colleague on our trip to SAP TechEd last week.

Some companies (not ours, of course. Nope, never ;) ) allow passengers to use mobile devices on their corporate jets from taxi to taxi, in any mode, with absolutely no issues.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I'd heard this was coming soon. Even mentioned it to a colleague on our trip to SAP TechEd last week.

Some companies (not ours, of course. Nope, never ;) ) allow passengers to use mobile devices on their corporate jets from taxi to taxi, in any mode, with absolutely no issues.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but I've heard that the FCC is somewhat responsible for FAA restrictions because supposedly cell phones in the air try to connect between many different cell towers and cause confusion for the network. That at least seems more believable than interfering with aircraft instruments to me, though the FAA stresses the aircraft side of it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Call it a conspiracy theory, but I've heard that the FCC is somewhat responsible for FAA restrictions because supposedly cell phones in the air try to connect between many different cell towers and cause confusion for the network. That at least seems more believable than interfering with aircraft instruments to me, though the FAA stresses the aircraft side of it.

It is actually both - GPS and mobile phones operate in closely related frequency bands, having many UMTS phones nearby does really reduce the GPS accuracy.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Wow...
Lockheed Martin’s Skunk Works reveals a Mach 6 strike successor of SR-71 Blackbird dubbed SR-72

“After years of silence on the subject, Lockheed Martin’s Skunk Works has revealed exclusively to AW&ST details of long-running plans for what it describes as an affordable hypersonic intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and strike platform that could enter development in demonstrator form as soon as 2018. Dubbed the SR-72, the twin-engine aircraft is designed for a Mach 6 cruise, around twice the speed of its forebear, and will have the optional capability to strike targets.”

SR-72.jpg

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When are we going to get hypersonic airliners?

It looks cool, but too much money goes to the military-industrial complex, imo.

Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Mach 6? Hell, that's Berlin-New York in one hour.

But since the range at that speed probably isn't that high:
That's London-Paris in 2 minutes. TWO minutes.
Or Brunswick-Moscow in 20 minutes since that would have had some military background. Had.

Now what's their definition of
the twin-engine aircraft is designed for a Mach 6 cruise
? There's a slight difference between cruising and maximum speed, no?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Mach 6? Hell, that's Berlin-New York in one hour.

But since the range at that speed probably isn't that high:
That's London-Paris in 2 minutes. TWO minutes.
Or Brunswick-Moscow in 20 minutes since that would have had some military background. Had.

Now what's their definition of ? There's a slight difference between cruising and maximum speed, no?

I imagine an aircraft with such a role is going to cruise at "max" speed.

And, I tried to account for the speed of sound at SR-71 altitudes...still 4000mph!

Last edited:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Ok, random and somewhat odd question.

I had a Dell E510 in 06-07, and it came with a metric buttload of songs in WMP (fresh out of the box from Dell). I was wondering if I could find a list of those songs, as the computer itself is long gone. Ideas?

Fun fact: the same three songs I found in my XP machine many many moons ago to this day is bundled with Windows Phone 8. Discovered this yesterday evening (or rather this morning quite early).

"Highway Blues" by Marc Seales and "Like Humans Do" by David Byrne plus a short take from the 9th Symphony are probably the most digitally widespread music pieces in the world. :lol:

Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Crytek: Develop one of the most realistic game engines of all time - Announce to resort to free-to-play (or pay to win:shifty:) titles.

Seriously, wtf?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Reading the tutorials on SFML for C++. This is so great... I must be dreaming. :)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I was playing with some concepts today:
* 6 x 20 meter cylindrical payload will fit.

8g.jpg

MattBaker

Reaction score
Word of the day: Ungustl

Words like that must have been inside jokes once.