Humor Random Comments Thread

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is what happens when a programmer has a program with lots of functionality, but no purpose ;)

View attachment 12228

:hailprobe:

WTF? I found myself playing with all the buttons for the last 10 minutes ... Should I call a doctor? Or am I just in need to hail the probe? :lol:

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Updated my Generic Planet Library for Blender, I tried a quick render of Mars and Phobos: (click for 4k)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What's with french and mimes?

Oh common, you've got to be kidding. Certainly I can't be that old already... :rofl:

Though here in Toulouse and in the SouthWest, old men sometimes wear those kind of berets. But it's rare and regional.

They're popular in Bosnia too, but here only muslims wear them.

Yeah, Bosnia's kinda weird... :shifty:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
WTF? I found myself playing with all the buttons for the last 10 minutes ... Should I call a doctor? Or am I just in need to hail the probe? :lol:

:rofl: I trapped my first victim!!!

Yes, the only way to get out of the buttons is to HAIL PROBE!!!

:hailprobe:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
From Wikipedia :

Basque Country *

Berets came to be popularized across Europe and other parts of the world as typical Basque headgear, as reflected in their name in several languages (e.g. béret basque in French, Baskenmütze in German, Basco in Italian or baskeri in Finnish). They are very popular and common in the Basque Country. The colors adopted for folk costumes varied by region, red in Gipuzkoa, white in Álava, blue in Biscay, but eventually the Basques settled on blue berets and the people of Navarre and Aragon adopted red berets while the black beret became the common headgear of workers in France and Spain.[3] The small stub in the centre of a beret is sometimes known by its Basque name, txortena meaning "stalk".[18] Berets are still manufactured in the Basque country.

France

The black beret was once considered the national cap of France in Anglo-Saxon countries and is part of the stereotypical image of the Onion Johnny. It is no longer as widely worn as it once was, but it remains a strong sign of local identity in the south west of France. When French people want to picture themselves as "the typical average Frenchman" in France or in a foreign country, they often use this stereotype from Anglo-Saxon countries. There are only two manufacturers left in France, Laulhère and Blancq-Olibet. The beret still remains a strong symbol of the unique identity of southwestern France and is worn, while celebrating traditional events.

* Basque Country : region of common culture located between the extreme southwest of France and the northwest of Spain.

Le-Pays-basque.-Articulation-entre-territoire-et-identite-par-Barbara-Loyer.jpg

(Toulouse is located 80 kilometers eastwards of Auch, it just outside the map).

Basque_1407-682x1024.jpg

Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
So why is it a French stereotype if the Basque country is mostly in Spain?

Probably because no Spanish Basque wants to be Spanish...

sorindafabico

Reaction score
What to do in a week without classes in college?

I wrote a little FORTRAN program to solve the two-body problem, and now I'm playing with it.

picture.php

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Oh, good. I thought they mistyped 'Vodka'.

Vodka Raspberry ... :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Interesting numbers... Volkswagen is leading company in the world in terms of R&D spending: $11.4 billion ... thats more than twice the ESA budget of 2013

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Interesting numbers... Volkswagen is leading company in the world in terms of R&D spending: $11.4 billion ... thats more than twice the ESA budget of 2013
:blink:
We could send a manned mission to Mars in four to five years on that budget!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:blink:
We could send a manned mission to Mars in four to five years on that budget!

15 years. Mars missions are expensive and the Augustine commission had been pretty clear on that. :lol: